Get 50% Off Affinity Photo Today!

Mission fans

Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
1 Oct 2014 1:27AM
If you were fans of the goth/rock band Mission, make sure you go see Wayne Hussey on his Songs Of Candlelight & Razorblades Tour. He plays for about two hours and covers loads of favorites acoustically on various stringed instruments. I saw him tonight at The Greystones pub in Sheffield. I don't think you'll be lucky enough to get Simon Hinkler popping along with his guitar. Luckily as he's now in Sheffield we got that treat for the last few numbers, including Deliverance. Shame about a few piss heads in the audience, but otherwise fab evening.
There's me at the front. I knelt down to get in front of someone who'd blocked my view while keeping out of the way of others behind me. I'm considerate like that, but after an hour or so my legs were struggling!
pete-at-hussey.jpg

One of my shots of Wayne and Simon playing
hussey-hinkler.jpg
Paul Morgan 19 19.5k 6 England
1 Oct 2014 1:42AM
If your still into some of the 80`s stuff Pete, you should check out the rewind festivals.

There were just been held in Henley and Perth but they have just added a third venue up north to the annual line up.
1 Oct 2014 1:50AM
Lol I could not remember the new venue, here it is.

http://www.rewindfestival.com/
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
1 Oct 2014 1:56AM
Cheers for the link..I wouldn't mind seeing China Crisis and Mark Almond
1 Oct 2014 2:01AM
Yeh but there both on different days Pete Smile

I always find this so annoying at these festivals.
1 Oct 2014 2:13AM
How about applying for a pass.

http://www.michaelpalmer.com/rewind-festival-day-1/
JohnParminter 13 1.3k 14 England
1 Oct 2014 4:07PM
They can't be that good Pete, there's a woman reading a book stood next to you......
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
1 Oct 2014 4:57PM
haha John...looks like it. It amazes me at gigs now how so many are missing everything because they're so busy texting their social network friends to say how good the gig is that they aren't actually watching!
davidburleson 13 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
1 Oct 2014 4:59PM
Or watching it through a smartphone
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
1 Oct 2014 5:16PM

Quote:Or watching it through a smartphone

Yes that happens a lot.
Also people who just talk all the way through - go somewhere else!!!
Last night was rubbish for some because a few p*sshead fans decided to be disruptive. Noisy, stumbling about. The singer told one to "f*** off". It didn't work, they just kept being trouble through the set.
Nick_w Plus
13 4.3k 99 England
2 Oct 2014 2:45PM
Jeez are they still around. I thought their livers would have packed up years ago. I saw them in about 1988 at Leeds University, and they were downing the Vodka at an alarming rate.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.