Your chance to win a Nikon Z 50 Camera Kit!

Model release form or not?

njsmith 15 85 United Kingdom
9 May 2007 10:00AM
I recently hired a photo studio, there were three separate sitting of both children and adults and the results were good.

The pictures have come out well enough for me to want to use them in my portfolio and possibly advertising.

What paper work would I need the ‘clients’ to sign to allow me to use there pictures in my portfolio / advertising if I choose to?

I have in the past used pictures of friends and family with verbal permission but these ‘clients’ aren’t friends as such and I wish to cover myself from any come back.

I am aware of ‘Model Release’ forms but the forms seem to relate to the photographer paying the model and not the other way round as in this case.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Nick

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikeweeks 15 978 3 England
9 May 2007 10:17AM
Nick

I think you should read through this thread publicity rights , the standard method is to include such usage in the contract that the customer signs.

Mike
njsmith 15 85 United Kingdom
9 May 2007 10:43AM
Mike

Thanks for that, I'll have a read through the thread.

Nick
User_Removed 17 271 United Kingdom
9 May 2007 11:18AM
I'm also interested in this as I want to undertake a personal project including photographing people in general day to day situations. If I decided to publish these photos in book form or whatever; what is the situation re rights, model releases, copyrighting, personal financial gain & profit?

Sorry if this has been covered before but I seem to be unable to find a thread that deals with all the above issues.

Many thanks in advance.

Chris.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.