Model release form question...

stolzy 14 3.8k 7
28 Jan 2009 9:57PM

Quote:Well I did mention reproducing them for sale...

True, but I think what I've learned here is that for reproducing for sale is absolutely fine without a release, but publication for commercial purposes may mean the subject wants a slice of your pie, or a say in how the images are used.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

petra16 14 169 Scotland
28 Jan 2009 9:59PM
Its funny but just as I was getting to the bottom of the page and I belong to a camera club....I came upon CB's input and yep I agree its upto the camera club and I would have thought that the club would have known that......
petra
Carabosse 17 41.4k 270 England
28 Jan 2009 10:01PM
But even big agencies have double standards - and are quite happy to sell photos, without releases, of kids provided the photos have been taken abroad!
rowarrior 12 4.4k 9 Scotland
28 Jan 2009 10:07PM

Quote:Its funny but just as I was getting to the bottom of the page and I belong to a camera club....I came upon CB's input and yep I agree its upto the camera club and I would have thought that the club would have known that......
petra

Well, no, it's not just us as I said in the first post, it's the council as well. We're fairly sure we need the releases for the council's benefit, I'm just looking for a form, as that's part of the research I'm looking at before the next meeting
Carabosse 17 41.4k 270 England
28 Jan 2009 10:12PM
Free download, apparently approved by the BJP, here.
rowarrior 12 4.4k 9 Scotland
28 Jan 2009 10:13PM
Perfect, thanks CB
fauxtography 15 6.6k 36
28 Jan 2009 10:14PM
Alamy did have a model release form for download, actually one thing to do is go talk to the council and ask them what they require, take the work you are basing it on as an example and see what they say. They may also have a standard release form then use too.
jimthistle73 16 2.4k 1 United Kingdom
28 Jan 2009 10:20PM

Quote:Free download, apparently approved by the BJP, here.

Whew! Only took three pages

Smile
LensYews 11 1.3k 1 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2010 1:55PM
Where is the boundary between Editorial and commercial use? I have been asked if I can supply an image taken at a sporting event that I classed as Editorial.

The company that wants the image I suspect would require a commercial license, certainly if its for advertising or promotion (still establishing the intended use).

If they just want it to show participation in recent local events on their website or external newsletters - are those still considered promotional/marketing, and therefore commercial or can these still be classed as editorial use?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.