Models on Purpleport ?

rogerdoger 8 16
16 Aug 2019 5:23PM
Can anyone give me some info on the model site - Purpleport ? Do all the models expect money payment, or are some willing to accept images for their portfolios as payment. I did join the site a few years ago, but I was getting over 30 emails a day in my junk mail, so I decided to close it.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog Plus
10 5.7k 58 United Kingdom
16 Aug 2019 10:38PM
Hi Roger,
Purpleport seems to be a very good modern model site - note you can also find makeup artists, hair stylists, artists, designers, studios and tutors there.
Many of the models (and other creatives) do so full time and pay their own wages, mortgage etc from their career so will be expecting fair payment. They typically spend a lot of money on hair, makeup and outfits as well as keeping their look. Professional models will glide from pose to pose for you and some even help you with the photographs, lights etc.
Some others will do a TFP exchange - but will expect quality images for this. They may need more direction in terms of posing etc. They are swapping their time for your experience and your investment in camera Kit, lights etc as well as your imagination for a shoot style in a suitable location; And also your quality processed images afterwards.

As a starter I'd recommend joining a group shoot in a studio organised by someone else as this helps you see how it all works as well as building up your credibility. See the casting calls for one near you.
Do read PurplePorts guides as they are great at helping all parties get the most out of a shoot and protecting everyone from making mistakes.
Other major sites I know of are ModelMayhem, MadCowModels and NetModel. Though for the UK PP seems by far the most active and accessible for it members.
Unfortunately i've not been able to be an active member for a while now as other life is too busy, but as soon as i can i'd be straight back on PP first.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.