modified images

dven Plus
14 42 United Kingdom
10 Feb 2013 7:12AM
Why is it that members on this site will do a modification to a picture ,not vote,not comment ,and not say what or why they made the mod

dven

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB Plus
13 5.3k 174 England
10 Feb 2013 9:04AM
Any attention is good attention! Wink
Newdevonian 7 466 United Kingdom
10 Feb 2013 9:04AM
You can either ask for Mods OR votes, not both. Mods show me what is possible to achieve with my photos and as such are far more valuable than a comment "I like / don't like it". Most mods come from members of the critique team who I consider to be better photographers than me.
blastedkane 14 66 2
10 Feb 2013 9:49AM
I don't think that the OP was saying that he didn't like having mod done. It's more about engaging with the process of support that the mod can give. If I do a mod, for example, then I will always explain why.

I also disagree that any attention is good attention. the standard "nice pic" doesn't actually give the photographer feedback. however lots of people will do it.
puertouk 8 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
10 Feb 2013 9:56AM
Anyone uploading an image should give the deatails of the mods carried out. Also, the EXIF data should be with the image. That way it gives everyone an insight to that particular image.
arhb 12 3.4k 68 United Kingdom
10 Feb 2013 10:05AM

Quote:You can either ask for Mods OR votes, not both.

Wrong. With e2 membership you can have your cake and eat it!

There have been 1 or 2 occasions when I have uploaded a mod and had to dash,
however, I always try to describe what I've done in a mod, and comment.
I have also experienced having mods done for my images,
and received no process description or comments even when making a point about asking those doing mods to leave even a brief description.
p12owe 6 101 2 United Kingdom
10 Feb 2013 11:41AM

Quote:Anyone uploading an image should give the details of the mods carried out. Also, the EXIF data should be with the image. That way it gives everyone an insight to that particular image.

If the mod is more than just a simple crop it may also be very useful to know exactly how that mod has been achieved.
I think EXIF would be of far more value in a critique than a mod, but even then of little use in a composite or highly processed image.
Focus_Man 9 481 631 United Kingdom
10 Feb 2013 11:45AM
Sometimes in making a modification I may well do a lot of things for trial and error as well as modifying in accordance with my critique. It would make life very difficult if I had to write down each thing I tried then cross it out if it failed. I therfore try to give a general reason for my mods when that happens, other times I give a full description but it is difficult to do a full list on every occasion.

However most mods carried out my members involve a crop. When this happens the crop can be seen by comparing both images.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.