More Details On DP1

joolsb 15 27.1k 38 Switzerland
8 Mar 2007 2:34PM
Aye. Swiss barns are ten-a-penny round here...
User_Removed 16 17.9k 8 Norway
8 Mar 2007 2:46PM

Quote:You're easily excited

Oh Yus!!

'-)))
8 Mar 2007 3:31PM

Quote:This will sort you out Koen

Thanks Paul. Any idea about when ?

(and how much ? The thing looks expensive)

ps : and what is an "articulating" lcd screen ? Does it speak Oxford English ?
ZenTog 18 7.9k 1 England
8 Mar 2007 3:35PM
with your quality of imagery Koen buy a real DLSR , you know you want one
8 Mar 2007 3:50PM
Great, invasion of the Pauls ;o)

would buy the 5D, with good lenses Paul, even though it doesn't have a swivelscreen lol, but it's a lot of money, and I really don't think I'm good enough (either as a photographer, or as a salesman of my photos) to justify the expense. I really like the Sony R1, a compact with a dslr sensor, and (aparently) with a lens superior to most dslr kit lenses, but the idiots put a swivelscreen on it that only swivels a bit and only gives me half of the angles I want. The Olympus Paul suggested looks interesting though (it's a dslr). But I'm not sure I can wait lol.
ZenTog 18 7.9k 1 England
8 Mar 2007 4:11PM
not good enough Koen????
well if you are not a good enough photographer, the rest of us better pack in right now we have little hope
PatrickSmith 15 1.2k 2 United States
8 Mar 2007 4:17PM
Koen.......face it.....it's time!
ZenTog 18 7.9k 1 England
8 Mar 2007 4:19PM
come on Koen its time you spent some money on a DLSR you should be able to get one a t a good price being in the Far East
8 Mar 2007 4:38PM
nah... I hardly understand anything about the technical aspects of it all. Still haven't figured out how that +/- exposure button works - not kidding here. I see dots and numbers, but people keep speaking about "stops". Is underexpose + or - ?
Afraid of what will happen if I have a dslr and I have to figure out how to manage the DOF. And the list goes on and on. And I think that if you buy an expensive camera like the 5D, you should know about these things to use the camera to the best of its abilities. That's why the R1 looked so interesting to me. It should give me better pictures than now - having a CMOS sensor, raw, lots of pixels and a very good lens, and it gives me the chance to start learning - at my incredible snail pace - a bit more about things my A95 just can't cover. And even if I fail at the latter, I'll still end up with better pictures than now, and don't have to worry/feel guilty too much about the expenses I did. With the 5D on the other hand... that's one year of education for my little girl :o(
SandyMiller 14 932 United Kingdom
8 Mar 2007 4:49PM
Yeah, the more I think about the price of the 5D, the more I think about staying with film for as long as possible...
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
8 Mar 2007 5:20PM
I would like a 5D if I could afford it. Film is OK but it is easier to catalogue and keep thousands of photographs if digital is used.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.