More Jobsworths

5 Apr 2008 10:57PM
Yet again, another situation of a low wage jobsworth having a pop at photographers. Perhaps we need an event where hundreds of photographers turn up somewhere and photograph all the plastic plods and their CCTV cameras and get our own back?

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/03/31/londons-spitalfields.html

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

samfurlong 13 2.5k United Kingdom
5 Apr 2008 11:04PM
If this happens to anyone you must refuse to hand over or delete anything. If ANYONE - even a copper (they need a warrant), tries to take it by force then it's assault. I am sure there will be plenty of handy CCTV footage to prosecute them with if they do get heavy.
Fishnet 15 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2008 12:01AM
Maybe we should wear a large card round our necks saying "You are being photographed".
Slippery_Jim 11 597 England
6 Apr 2008 12:07AM
If these people don`t want their buildings photographed why do they leave them lying about outside where everyone can see them?
lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2008 12:29AM
Funny I was in Spitalfields a few weeks back taking shots with no problems. I feel a wander round their with the camera is in order on Monday Smile
stolzy 14 3.8k 7
6 Apr 2008 8:08AM
A mass trepsass with SLRs and the biggest lenses we can bring is called for.
joolsb 15 27.1k 38 Switzerland
6 Apr 2008 8:55AM

Quote:Perhaps we need an event where hundreds of photographers turn up somewhere and photograph all the plastic plods and their CCTV cameras and get our own back?

That could well be the best idea anyone's had on this subject. Get enough photographers together and make sure journalists are informed (after all, it's a common cause) and the publicity will come. If the point can be put across on national TV then something may come of it.
brian1208 16 11.6k 12 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2008 9:47AM

Quote:QuoteTongueerhaps we need an event where hundreds of photographers turn up somewhere and photograph all the plastic plods and their CCTV cameras and get our own back?That could well be the best idea anyone's had on this subject. Get enough photographers together and make sure journalists are informed (after all, it's a common cause) and the publicity will come. If the point can be put across on national TV then something may come of it.

It would probably be classed as an "illegal protest", "riotous Assembly" (that'll be the EPZ lot), or "terrorism".

Plastic Policemen get out their riot helmets and Tazers, Gordon brings in some new laws to "curb this new threat to British Security" and we'd all spend 42 days at "Her Majesty's Pleasure".

Meanwhile our houses would be done over by the fuzz and then left open for the "lads" to come and help themselves to what's left unbroken.

Hmm - maybe better to go back to the democratic process and vote the buggers out in the local and national elections?
cameracat 16 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
6 Apr 2008 10:41AM
Perhaps it's time to adopt a No photography - No custom approach.....!

I really don't understand people who for example are told by London Eye officials, No Photography ( especially if you happen to be sporting kit, That they presume to be Pro ) Who then proceed to pay for a ride on the horrible thing......! ! !

Perhaps it's about time the No Photography rule imposed by Whoever......Had to be Openly/Clearly stated on any advertising literature, Especially the stuff aimed at tourists, Not Hidden Away in the small print.....! Or on signs that can only be read, Once you have arrived..........!

Boycott anything and everything that bans Photography..........Period..!
stolzy 14 3.8k 7
6 Apr 2008 11:51AM
is there a photographer rights website?
If not there should be. I'll volunteer to host it.
VolcanoCowboy 13 157 England
6 Apr 2008 12:10PM
A guide to Photographer's Rights in the UK is available here
lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2008 1:09PM

Quote:Is there a photographer rights website?

That;s a good idea, if it covered news, resources and a forum I recon it could be a good idea.
WelshKiwi 12 3.2k 2 Wales
6 Apr 2008 2:31PM

Quote:Is there a photographer rights website?

I too think this is a brilliant idea. Great potential.

Quote:That;s a good idea, if it covered news, resources and a forum I recon it could be a good idea

Especially with the above services.

Maybe you should talk to a few people, I think you have a winner there .

Lee Smile
stolzy 14 3.8k 7
6 Apr 2008 3:38PM

Quote:That;s a good idea, if it covered news, resources and a forum I recon it could be a good idea.

That's what I thought, not just info, but a place where people could post their experiences with jobsworths, police, companies, shopping centres etc. maybe we can even put pressure on some of them.
I've registered photographersrights.org.uk and hosted it.
Who wants to help out?
gary900r 15 474 England
6 Apr 2008 3:44PM
I'll give you a hand where I can.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.