More Jobsworths

looboss 13 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
8 Apr 2008 12:09AM

Quote:Oh, do get a grip looboss, you seem to be blowing this up out of all proportion.

You real name is not Fraser by any chance?

We're doomed, I say. Doomed

Al i am saying is that end of the world is nigh! LOL

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cambirder 16 7.2k England
8 Apr 2008 12:11AM
Ah! so you are the one hanging round Leicester Sq. underground station with that placard Smile
looboss 13 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
8 Apr 2008 12:13AM

Quote:Ah! so you are the one hanging round Leicester Sq. underground station with that placard

dam! I've been spotted !! time to move on LMAO!!
13 Apr 2008 12:30PM
Anyone seen or heard about this in the Press Gazette? Austin Mitchell MP is tabling a motion.

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=40875&c=1
trivets12 15 1.3k
13 Apr 2008 3:02PM
Be interesting to see what happens to that. It is becoming ridiculously paranoid in this country with regard to photographers.
In any major city, particularly London, there will be at any one time, thousands upon thousands of tourists taking pictures for their holiday photos. How can the police/security guards possibly make an educated decision about who is likely to be doing something suspicious? Many tourists will have big black slr's and I find it absolutely laughable that these jobsworths think that a terrorist/paedophile would broadcast the fact with a big black camera when there are dozens of high spec compacts or camera phones which can record very detailed images.

The other thing that concerns me is that although a policeman cannot confiscate your kit or memory card without a warrant, they can arrest you for 'obstruction' or 'non co-operation', presumably? Is that right?
And will they only arrest English speaking slr users? What about all the non-english speaking tourists who won't understand what they are on about? Perhaps, if stopped, we should all pretend to ne comprends pas?
Snapper Plus
15 4.4k 3 United States Outlying Islands
13 Apr 2008 3:09PM

Quote:Anyone seen or heard about this in the Press Gazette? Austin Mitchell MP is tabling a motion.

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=40875&c=1

Earlier thread here.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.