Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

More on wedding photography

steve_kershaw 16 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2009 12:41PM

Quote:had to keep walking backwards to frame them all
I have told you before that big 600 may look good but its no good for group shote Wink
ZenTog 19 7.9k 1 England
7 Oct 2009 4:22PM
well I was trying the recommended technique from the famous Derek pye, long distance wedding shots, havnt you heard the 600mm is the new 17-40mm in wedding photography these days
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
7 Oct 2009 4:38PM
I tend to shoot group shots in the order of "who needs a drink most" gets shot first Wink

Usually to the point of getting the "everyone" group shot before they've hit the bar - then like One Man And His Dog, heard off the Families and do the "friends" shots.

After that, it's the families in which ever order we agreed - if there's an ill person, that side of the famliy goes first etc.

They are a right ball ache, james had an interesting idea - charge 50 extra for each group shot, see how many they really want then Wink

As for destination of the shots - most see a wedding book, of "story book" as i call them, and go for that.

I hate putting albums together, so a book is far more up my street. Create it once, upload it, get as many copies as are needed Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.