Get 50% Off Affinity Photo Today!

MOST CLICKS, day, week, month & ever....

smourt 16 80
29 Jun 2004 7:56AM
I like odd info. Sadly, almost always the useless kind. Which photo has received the most clicks? Also which photo got the most clicks in a day?

Maybe there does not need to be a function on it to allow further clicks. I am not sure of the politics (if there would be any).

Many will say who cares!!! I find it interesting.

I was amazed to see davieb has 118 clicks for Woman of the Dunes. Not that I think it is a bad photo (clicked on it somewhere midway), just surprised that it maintained such momentum.

Perhaps there can be a link to this somewhere. Links, links, links, I hear Pete say.

This could apply to most comments and longest member etc etc.

Since the site is database driven, it should be feasible right?

Regards,

Stephan
kit-monster 17 3.7k 2 Singapore
29 Jun 2004 8:27AM
Or how about viewing the gallery without any comments, hearts, description, camera make or without even knowing the photographer? Now that really would level the playing field!
u08mcb 16 5.8k
29 Jun 2004 8:29AM
David has uploaded 122 photos and commented on 4064. It's pretty normal practice to visit the portfolio of somebody who has commented on one of your pictures to see what you think of their work.

Is it then surprising that his most popular EC continues getting clicks when he invests so much time in commenting on other people's work?
smourt 16 80
29 Jun 2004 8:39AM
Please don't make a political issue of this.

It is a simple enquiry. I am sure everyone is honoured by the comments they receive and look at the portfolio of those that have commented.

I could not be bothered to analyse clicks / comments / ratios etc etc. It is just a simple interest.

Regards,

Stephan

u08mcb 16 5.8k
29 Jun 2004 9:40AM
Not being political, just pointing out that someone who comments on many photographs is going to get many comments in return.
smourt 16 80
29 Jun 2004 9:59AM
I apologise. I could see it getting out of hand with someone taking it personally.

I did think about what you said. does make some sense. Never thought of that before.

thanks,

Stephan
29 Jun 2004 10:24AM
Have you thought about studying the pictures rather than the numbers?

Just a thought . . .
smourt 16 80
29 Jun 2004 3:05PM
Edward. Until now I thought you were a nice person. Your "thought" I really did not appreciate.

On a photo I posted recently named DANGER, you stated the following:

"Simply stunning. I can't believe I haven't stumbled across your portfolio before, your work is amazing - you're bookmarked! I'm going to come back when I've got a couple of hours free and go through all your shots. And you've only been into photography for 6 months - I'm off to eBay to sell all my kit . . .

Edward"

Actually I spend a fair amount of time studying this site. I try really hard at my photography. Almost everything I have learned about photography has been from this site.

When it comes to stats, there is nothing wrong with a simple interest.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and sell your kit on Ebay.

I hope my reply is received in the manner yours was intended.

regards,

Stephan

Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
29 Jun 2004 3:09PM
calm it guys....Smile
smourt 16 80
29 Jun 2004 3:20PM
Sorry Pete and I s'pose all who have witnessed my irritation. All I was wanting was a light informative discussion.

Stephan
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
29 Jun 2004 3:38PM
No problem Stephan I understand where your coming from it's just that I could see a storm brewing and prefer to nip it early.
u08mcb 16 5.8k
29 Jun 2004 3:57PM
Pete would you be interested in a little analysis of how clicking happens on this site? I work on networks and if nothing else the pictures of all the connections are quite pleasing. All anonymous of course Smile
29 Jun 2004 5:38PM
Stephen,

My apologies for upsetting you, it wasn't my intension and just goes to show how comments can be misinterpreted. It just struck me that there were an awful lot of resent threads about who has the most clicks, who has the most hearts etc. and it struck me that maybe some people were missing the point. There are some excellent pictures on this site that dont get any clicks. If I had my way, Id do away with hearts. This is an open forum and I add Just a thought as a way of indicating that this was exactly that just a thought. I still stand by my comment the pictures are more important than the numbers and I still stand by the comment I made on your photo and when I have some time I will be back to study your pictures in depth. I too started out a little more than 6 months ago and have learnt a huge amount from this site. I wont be selling my kit.

Edward
smourt 16 80
29 Jun 2004 6:12PM
Damn I was looking for a 10D. Are you sure?? Just kidding.

I am sure like many here, "clicks" are of little interest. I am however honoured to receive positive as well as constructive feedback from those who "appear" to have an eye for photography. In the early days I gauged this by public opinion (the clicks hearts etc). Now I can stand on my own feet and in some cases even reconsidered my original comments.

I am interested in the small stuff such as the longest active member etc. But it seems, that too might be a highly sensitive issue.

Saddened, this thread has done it fo me. I have learned my lesson. Steer clear of the forum and stick to the images!!!!

Just dissapointed that this discussion has turned out this way.

I don't hold anything against you Edward.

Regards,

Stephan
29 Jun 2004 6:18PM
Stephen - no problem. I tend to lurk in the gallery but do occasionally get sucked into the forum. I've certainly had my fair share of knocks around here.

See you in the Gallery,

Edward

PS - I think Big Bri is the longest standing member who is still active.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.