Save 10% On Used Camera Equipment & Lenses From CameraWorld! Use ePHOTO at checkout.

Most Honoured Moment

DonnaN 10 129 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2010 4:19PM
Realising my husband wanted to spend the rest of his life with me!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse 16 41.2k 270 England
2 Feb 2010 5:47PM

Quote:"honoured" is an interesting choice of word

Indeed. Actually I find a slight awkwardness about the word.

I suppose there has to be an element of unexpectedness, and maybe even some luck, attached to being 'honoured'? Possibly a feeling of "Do I really deserve this?".

Certainly any reward for my own efforts don't make me feel honoured... it feels like a 'just reward' and not an honour.
SuziBlue 16 16.2k 10 Scotland
2 Feb 2010 7:42PM
The word suggests different things to me. A reminder of one's own humility - not in the Uriah Heep sense but to be bestowed something by someone whose gift is very much treasured. I'm thinking of patients who have trusted me enough to be able to share their deepest fears so that I can help them. People who know that I won't abuse their trust by spreading secrets or confidences - winning their confidence is an honour.

I also think that winning the trust of an animal feels pretty much like an honour too! Though I can see people lining up with a flamethrower already Wink It isn't only about food .. hehe

Roy - to have been granted permission to handle the Honours of Scotland is indeed an honour. wow ...
Paul Morgan 18 19.3k 6 England
2 Feb 2010 7:53PM

Quote:Certainly any reward for my own efforts don't make me feel honoured... it feels like a 'just reward' and not an honour

I can understand that Smile

I received a national award a few years ago for work that I do helping other people, I just felt that I did not deserve it, made me think of other`s that do just as much or even more and go un noticed.
Carabosse 16 41.2k 270 England
2 Feb 2010 8:01PM
'Honoured' is I guess, an emotional response. I am still thinking hard. OK how about this:

Some years ago my grandmother died at the nursing home when she had spend her final years and after the funeral, one of the senior nurses said to me: "She was so very proud of you, you know!"

That is an honour which was worth more to me than an OBE! Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.