Save 50% On Affinity Photo Today!

Most liked photos on ePHOTOzine

Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
15 Oct 2004 2:11PM
Just out of interest I thought I'd check out the most liked photos on the site. Interesting stuff.

In 1st place currently with 149 clicks is Woman Of The Dunes. Slightly behind in 2nd place with 147 clicks is Pool Of Thought. . Joint 3rd with is 137 votes are Where did I put that Bone . and Out of Reach. and 5th is Freedom . with 128 votes.

Who's going to be the first to reach 200...one of these are a newcomer tune in to Top of the Pics next weekWink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

15 Oct 2004 2:17PM
Oh my god, that has actually reduced me to tears, I had to go and calm down in the loo, 5th place. Sorry got to go again.
andytvcams 17 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
15 Oct 2004 2:24PM
How about a top ten!.
lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
15 Oct 2004 2:29PM
how about a top 25,000 - I might be in that Smile
darrinj 16 250 United Arab Emirates
15 Oct 2004 2:49PM
Hmmm, hardly seems an impartial way to judge these. All of the photos Pete mentioned are EC winners and therefore have a lot more exposure than most shots. Given that EC's are chosen by Pete alone..............................
michaeldt 16 1.2k
15 Oct 2004 2:51PM
good point, non-EC top five pete?
brian1208 17 11.8k 12 United Kingdom
15 Oct 2004 2:53PM
Or could it be that Pete can recognise a good shot when he sees one Darrin? Smile

Brian
jeanie Plus
16 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
15 Oct 2004 2:55PM
Great idea. Have to rely on those who have not already clicked though... think non EC would be a good idea too.
Jeanie

Just had a thought (shoot me if its naff) but how about a poll (like we have had for the book etc) to choose which of the 5 we like the best?
csurry 18 9.2k 92
15 Oct 2004 3:03PM
Certainly seems like a good way of getting those 5 images even more clicks - just check out how many they have now Wink
15 Oct 2004 3:05PM
Better delete the thread then Pete if its going to cause problems. I'm grateful for each and every one the hearts on each of my images and would hate to think that anyone was clicking just because it was in this thread, I hope that my images stand up on their own merits if they dont then tell me! I'm sure the intention wasnt to get those images more clicks just an interesting statistic and one I'm sure took alot of time to put together. I'm surprised and grateful to be in it quite frankly.
csurry 18 9.2k 92
15 Oct 2004 3:40PM
Wasn't really complaining K, just an interesting side-effect of the thread. I'm think of joining under a new name and posting a controversial thread about one of my pics Wink)))
15 Oct 2004 3:49PM
Sorry Cheryl just got a bit fed up with this 'get more clicks' if you do this etc. One minute I was up in the air thinking that mine, yes one of mine, was in the top five. Liked by several people not just Pete and then it seems to get challenged as being unfair. One day it would be nice to see something like this without it being picked apart.
brian1208 17 11.8k 12 United Kingdom
15 Oct 2004 3:56PM
K stay up in the air. Top 5 is good and you done it girl!

Brian
gwynann 16 72 United Kingdom
15 Oct 2004 3:59PM
Well done K, went to give you another click but i,d already clicked, well done.
csurry 18 9.2k 92
15 Oct 2004 4:01PM
What a dull world that would be K, no controversy. What would CB do all day with no one to wind up.

I think it's great you are in 5th place. My best pic only has something like 34 clicks (actually it isn't my best pic, but you know what I mean).

I just thought it was interesting that by saying these 5 had the most clicks, giving them more coverage they then got even more clicks. A self-fulfilling prophesy.

If you end up first out of it all well and good, the image is very good and deserves attention. You shouldn't take everything so personally, I was just pointing out a fact about the effect of the thread.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.