WEX Deal: Save 500 on the Sony A7R Mark II

Mounting Board - Where can I buy it?

collywobles 16 4.0k 10 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2006 11:27PM
Any local framing shop will supply and cut any mounting board you like. My local shop provides me with an A4 size incl bevelled cutout for about a 1 and does me a full frame incl non refelective glass for about 11.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

francisg 16 705 1 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2006 11:39AM
Steve, You must have a careless branch in your quarters. I am not singing their praises but so far I havent had any problem with my local branch. It saves the risk of injury when using sharp knives cutting your own

Frank
UserRemoved 14 22
26 Feb 2006 9:25AM
Thanks for all the replies. I checked out the websites suggested and sent a few emails.

I am looking for uncut mounts - mounting boards with no aperture cut. I want to cut the mounting board myself because my images don't tend to be exactly 6x4 ratio etc.

I used to buy from Jessops, but they never have the stuff in and as one other member explained - the quality is at times appalling.

I tried out local framing shop and the guy doesn't sell mounting board because after you bought all his stuff, a client walks in wanting to have a picture framed with the colour he just ran out off... So no luck there. I don't want to buy the huge sheets... I don't have the cutting equipment to get them down in size unfortunately. Will see what the replies from the suppliers are.

Thanks for all the tips.
steveb 15 343 United Kingdom
26 Feb 2006 9:48AM
Re a careless Jessops branch, the first time I went to buy mount board off them, I saw them pick up a pack from underneath a rack at the back of the Aylesbury shop. It was lying on the floor, side sticking out around 3 - 6", and it was well kicked. Jessops will order for you at no charge, but it was the managers suggestion to order more than needed, as he was aware it often arrived damaged.

I do have a framing shop a few hundred yards from where I work. They won't sell mount board, but will cut mounts to a customers spec. They are *very* expensive.

I had a look at the packs of 20x16 mount board at one of the stands at Focus today, 5 for 5 sheets, but it looked a bit tatty so I left it. It looks as if Jessops will still get my trade for now, I'll just reject the damaged stuff and keep plenty in reserve.

Steve

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.