Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 10 Ultimate

Movie with strange end

30 May 2020 6:22AM
have you recently seen a movie with a strange ending [ i was watching fractured on netflix last night did not understand the last 10mins]

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

altitude50 16 18.8k United Kingdom
30 May 2020 8:31AM
Probably the best known film strange ending is that of 2001: A space odyssey. I watched it in a cinema in London in 1968 when it first came out. The whole thing was truly mind-blowing then and still is now.
Better to have a strange ending than no satisfactory conclusion.
30 May 2020 10:51AM
Nodding off half way through a film often gives me a strange ending.Smile
dark_lord Plus
16 2.6k 679 England
30 May 2020 9:26PM
I get the impression films with endings that just fizzle out and 'leave it to the viewer' are a failure from the writerto properly wrap things up, despite all the arty bollocks they may protest with.
Got to finish it because we've run out of money/ideas/contracts, delete as appropriate.

Strange endings that give the viewer intriguing questions to toy with are few and far between.

Quote:Nodding off half way through a film often gives me a strange ending

Says a lot for the film Smile
I've been watching this film for the last few years about a reality (!?) TV star who becomes a President. There may be an end in sight but it's a strange kourney getting there...
thewilliam2 3 1.4k
31 May 2020 12:02AM

Quote:Probably the best known film strange ending is that of 2001: A space odyssey. I watched it in a cinema in London in 1968 when it first came out. The whole thing was truly mind-blowing then and still is now.
Better to have a strange ending than no satisfactory conclusion.

I'd heard that Kubrick ran out of money and had to wrap up the story at low cost.
Dave_Canon Plus
14 1.8k United Kingdom
31 May 2020 10:28AM

Quote:

I'd heard that Kubrick ran out of money and had to wrap up the story at low cost.

Kubrick has been interviewed many times about the ending and has consistently said that it is intended to ask questions rather than give the answer. The viewer is intended to interpret the situation themselves. The special effects at the end would not have been cheap anyway.

Dave
5 Jul 2020 4:27PM
"The Last Man To Hang", shown on talking pictures TV 3-4 days ago. Set in the 1950s, about 1955 when there was a debate in Parliament about the death penalty at the same time. Some toff was on trial at the Old Bailey for murdering his wife with a night time cup of milk with tablets. Stood trial at the Old Bailey, evidence from the wife's housemaid, Det. Sgt. etc, but nothing from a pathologist !!! Then he was found not guilty. The housemaid then took him to some country house where the supposed victim was still alive. The housemaid then showed him inside to his 'dead' wife, and she returned outside to a waiting Police car where she was arrested. I still cannot work it out.
altitude50 16 18.8k United Kingdom
5 Jul 2020 6:35PM
I've never seen the film and 'Talking Pictures' seems to have disappeared from my Freeview. There is an explanation of the story of the film on Wikipedia, but I don't understand much of that!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.