Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here


Murray vs Djokavic - I say .......he's finally gone and done it


mikehit Plus
5 7.9k 12 United Kingdom
8 Jul 2013 5:22PM
I would not draw that definition: Repubic of Ireland is part of the British Isles, as are Isle Of Man and Channel Islands (neither of which are part of Britain, nor the United Kingdom).
In fact, Northern Ireland is not part of Britain either, but is part of the UK.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gcarth Plus
11 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
8 Jul 2013 6:32PM

Quote: Muslim Lesbian Women's Collective
LOL!

I agree with you - He's a great tennis player who can match the greatest talents across the world and he's done it by sheer guts and dedication (and with the help of Ivan LendlWink)

Quote:And what about the calamity after the game? Hardly the done thing for a champion to go climbing all over paying customers to dispense hugs before receiving the winner's medal. And then to 'forget' to hug one's own mother. Did he forget or has something dawned on him? We'll find out next year I expect Smile
That's just plain silly - his mother was sitting behind all the people he hugged. I thought it was rather human of him to 'climb all over paying customers'. Jeez - one minute Andy is a miserable robot and the next minute he's a wild emotional being. Just what do some people want?
If you play back the video, you'll see that Murray asked an organiser if he could go up amongst the crowd before accepting the winner's medal.

Quote:And this attitude is EXACTLY what perpetuates the negative issues surrounding Murray long after his stupid comments about supporting anyone other than England (paraphrasing) has been forgotten.
Oh, for heaven's sake! He was only a lad then and the media has always tried to crucify him.
As Lemmy says, why is this all such a big deal? Celebrate a great sporting achievement and move on...move on to focus on things that really do matter... like why do we put up with being spied on, lied to and generally shafted by governments, media toadies and corporate greed everywhere.
lemmy 8 2.3k United Kingdom
8 Jul 2013 6:33PM
Whatever these islands may comprise, I hold that I am a magnificent sight to its inhabitants, my head covered with a knotted hanky, a Union Jack tattoo covering my face, cross of St George shorts and socks, a string vest and an open can of Special Brew in my love and hate tattooed fingers.

I feel that that in that outfit, my ipso facto national dress, I truly represent my country, Ingerland, to the Scottish, Welsh and Irish hordes who are so jealous of us and our traditions.
adrian_w Plus
7 3.5k 4 Scotland
8 Jul 2013 6:50PM

Quote:Whatever these islands may comprise, I hold that I am a magnificent sight to its inhabitants, my head covered with a knotted hanky, a Union Jack tattoo covering my face, cross of St George shorts and socks, a string vest and an open can of Special Brew in my love and hate tattooed fingers.

I feel that that in that outfit, my ipso facto national dress, I truly represent my country, Ingerland, to the Scottish, Welsh and Irish hordes who are so jealous of us and our traditions.



Well I suppose working for the Daily Mail you would do. Wink

Do you have the Union Jack bowler hat to put on top of your knotted hanky?
jondf 8 2.7k
8 Jul 2013 7:08PM

Quote:The only person who can claim this win is Murray himself.....


There was a time when mater might not have agreed with that ((( Wink )))
monstersnowman 10 1.7k 1 England
8 Jul 2013 8:39PM

Quote:Oh, for heaven's sake! He was only a lad then and the media has always tried to crucify him.
As Lemmy says, why is this all such a big deal? Celebrate a great sporting achievement and move on...move on to focus on things that really do matter...



Gcarth - did you actually read my post that you quoted and responded to with this? If you did you didn't understand the point of my post and to what I was responding at all.
JJGEE 10 6.5k 18 England
8 Jul 2013 8:46PM
I read that the Prime Minister is suggesting that Andy Murray should be knighted.

Why ?

I do not recall suggestions for Ann Jones or Virginia Wade being made Dames when they won the Women's Wimbledon Singles title
gcarth Plus
11 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
8 Jul 2013 9:17PM

Quote:Gcarth - did you actually read my post that you quoted and responded to with this? If you did you didn't understand the point of my post and to what I was responding at all.
Yes, I read it and I think I misunderstood - maybe you should have been clearer about whose attitude you were talking about. Wink i.e. I think that your posting was ambiguous - or it could well be that I'm just thick. SadSmile
Anyway, as I said before, there are much more important things than Andy Murray's win in the whole scheme of things. I think it was a great achievement and I was thrilled but I say now let's move on: I'm much more interested with what's happening to the whistleblower, Snowden and our civil liberties, generally. Smile
tomcat Plus
9 6.4k 15 United Kingdom
8 Jul 2013 9:19PM

Quote: As Oscar Wilde remarked, nationalism is the last refuge of the scoundrel


I doubt Ho Chi Minh would agree with OW

Bc vẫn cng chng chu hnh qun
monstersnowman 10 1.7k 1 England
8 Jul 2013 9:42PM

Quote:I think it was a great achievement and I was thrilled but I say now let's move on: I'm much more interested with what's happening to the whistleblower, Snowden and our civil liberties, generally. Smile


I think we can all choose to talk about what we wish, when we wish and not necessarily what any person considers the most serious issues of the day ... Life would be intolerably boring otherwise.
hobbo Plus
4 939 2 England
9 Jul 2013 8:20AM
If I see or hear the name......A**y Mu**ay ........again I shall SCREAM!.....talk about overkill?

He only pats a ball back and forth for goodness sake........as for a Knighthood? ....NO WAY!.......Celebrity and Sportie's adulation and wrship is WAY over the top currently.

Hobbo
peterjones 13 4.2k 1 United Kingdom
9 Jul 2013 8:24AM
We can almost guarantee a dissection of Mr Murray's undoubted tennis talents for the next 77 years unless of course he takes out Wimbledon in 2014 then it will be even longer; the events of 1966 are almost discussed on a daily basis.
mikehit Plus
5 7.9k 12 United Kingdom
9 Jul 2013 8:49AM
I remember Jackie Charlton saying before one of the Euro Cup campaigns a few years ago that he wants England to win the tournament if only to stop the almost perennial blather about 1966, and the resulting questions he gets about that day.
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
9 Jul 2013 8:57AM

Quote:I read that the Prime Minister is suggesting that Andy Murray should be knighted.

Why ?



If the Scots would only hurry up and vote for independence, then he can't be... Wink
fraser 11 631 14 Scotland
9 Jul 2013 9:04AM

Quote:I read that the Prime Minister is suggesting that Andy Murray should be knighted.

Why ?

If the Scots would only hurry up and vote for independence, then he can't be... Wink



Why not, is she only Queen of England?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.