Want to sell your photos? Get Started!

Muslim Wedding meal shoot - iconic styles?

JackAllTog Plus
10 5.5k 58 United Kingdom
29 Oct 2014 1:22PM
Hi there,

I expect to be helping a friend out and shooting a family wedding at an organised catered venue in east London in a few weeks. There will be a videographer too.
Obviously I'm chatting to him for key aspects to shoot during the evening, and of course there are many different strains in any religion.
The brief so far is organised group family shots, and a flavour of the evening and the catering.

But are there any hints you might have for significant aspects that I might look out for in such a wedding? Perhaps ideas that may be pertinent to an older generation etc?

Many thanks,
Stuart

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chris_L 5 5.0k United Kingdom
29 Oct 2014 4:25PM
I think when I was persuading you to dump your zooms and buy high quality primes I think I mentioned a friend who shoots a lot of those kind of weddings (using nice primes) http://www.shotbyshahed.com/

Have a look through his site and blog Stuart for some ideas
Chris_L 5 5.0k United Kingdom
29 Oct 2014 4:29PM
Some of the details have great meaning in that culture, make sure you capture small details, like in many of the photos on this page (use your prime lenses Tongue)
Jat_Riski 10 89 United Kingdom
29 Oct 2014 5:26PM
Do not say or whisper the word "Kabool" during ceremony otherwise you be wedded husband to the bride Tongue
Paul_Anthony 7 442 4 Wales
29 Oct 2014 6:51PM
Lovely photography on your friends site Chris...

Although I have been photographing weddings for 9+ years, I have fairly limited experience photographing muslim weddings, what I have found from the handful of muslim weddings I have attended is that it is best just to go with the flow, get involved, enjoy the day and take lots of photographs.

Muslim wedding are always full of energy and fun as well as the serious moments, stay on your toes and a camera to your eye...

Paul

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.