Change gear with our partner, MPB

My D5100 please help.

MrBMorris 14 27 United Kingdom
14 Aug 2011 1:28PM
Hey Peter,

I went out with a friend who is also on EPZ and he showed me some bits, helped me understand and get to grips with a few things.

I thought by setting myself a few goals it could be helpful and give me the focus to get where I want too. I naively thought the Iphoto software that is on my Mac would be good enough but it doesn't seem to be.

I took a few shots yesterday and I'm trying to crop into the area I want but I'm losing loads of quality and sharpening it up just isn't doing it justice. I'm gonna download Photomatix now and see how it goes.

Ben.
peterjones 19 5.2k 1 United Kingdom
14 Aug 2011 10:35PM
trial and error can be a great teacher; we all do it to a lesser or greater degree; goal setting gives many people focus and motivation; it doesn't matter what the goals are so long as they work for you; if you are determined to crop try cropping within the camera either with the zoom function or with your feet; that way you will crop less in post processing and rely less on sharpening etc; getting it right in the camera holds good now just as it did in the days when film held sway; the better the image you capture the less time you need to spend post processing; as soon as you start shifting pixels about you can degrade your image.

Peter.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.