My first camera

randomrubble 15 3.0k 12 United Kingdom
19 May 2018 10:57PM
Mine was a Halina 1000, a very basic camera with sunny, cloudy and flash settings, a birthday present as a kid.

When I decided I’d like to get a ‘proper’ camera for myself I looked at the brochures for the likes of the Minolta 7000, Canon Eos which were just coming out - saved up my pocket money to buy a secondhand Pentax MV-1 with a 50mm f/2 lens.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Mine was a sony alpha 10 years ago, then switched to Canon and back to Sony again !!
justin c 15 5.0k 36 England
1 Apr 2019 9:49AM
First camera was a Hanimax or Halina (can't remember which). It was a freebie when opening a new bank account.
Next was a Canon A1 (I think that was the name). It was rugged red and white camera that could even be used underwater.
First proper camera and when the hooby really took hold was a Canon FTb QL with a Vivitar 70-210mm Series 1 lens.
Then came a Canon EOS 5 with it's eye control focus.
AlexE 2 159 United Kingdom
4 Apr 2019 12:55PM
My first camera was a Samsung ES55 (a lot more recent than most of the cameras mentioned here). I then took it to the beach and accidentally discovered that it wasn't waterproof, then moved unto the Samsung ST66 which was quite similar before eventually landing my first DSLR (Olympus E420 which I kind of consider my first "real" camera). Before that I had a Fujifilm S9200 that had appalling image quality. Now it's a Canon 7D mk1 with an (covetous) eye on the mk2.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
4 Apr 2019 7:54PM
This was mine.

peterjones 17 4.9k 1 United Kingdom
7 Apr 2019 2:45PM
Praktica Super TL.
chavender Plus
9 403 1 France
7 Apr 2019 5:15PM
Mine was an Agfa Isolette II bought second hand in 1963.
I developed the films (b&w) at home and used a Johnsons contact printer to produce the 2 1/4 square prints.
Later came enlargements from a home made enlarger featuring a Hacks sweet tin with home made bellows and a wray lens.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
7 Apr 2019 6:42PM

Quote:Mine was an Agfa Isolette II bought second hand in 1963.
I developed the films (b&w) at home and used a Johnsons contact printer to produce the 2 1/4 square prints.
Later came enlargements from a home made enlarger featuring a Hacks sweet tin with home made bellows and a wray lens.

Oh yes, my dad had one of those that he used on his merchant travels during WW2. I loved the way it used to open, but it sustained a hole in the bellows and was beyond reasonable repair. A lovely thing though. I put one film through it but light leakage was too bad.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.