Today only! Up to 52% off Sony Cameras at Amazon UK!

Mylio Photo Management

hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
2 Jan 2015 5:20PM
Thought this might be of interest to some of you, it's a new Photo Management software that syncs your photos across devices. Have a look and see what you think of Mylio .

Please note i have no association with this service, its just something I found that I'm considering using and would be interested to get others thoughts on it.
collywobles 16 4.0k 10 United Kingdom
2 Jan 2015 5:30PM
Onedrive does it all
hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
2 Jan 2015 5:52PM

Quote:Onedrive does it all

Does Onedrive simultaneously update across all your devices?
lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
2 Jan 2015 7:22PM

Quote:Does Onedrive simultaneously update across all your devices?

Am I missing something, but don't they all do that (Onedrive, dropbox, google drive) ?
Jestertheclown 11 8.3k 253 England
2 Jan 2015 7:25PM

Quote:Does Onedrive simultaneously update across all your devices?

Being cloud based, it's not bound by any specific device. Consequently, any changes you make will show up however you view it.

Beat me to it Chris but yes; they're all the same.
lobsterboy Plus
2 Jan 2015 7:35PM
OK, watched the introductory video and it looks like they do the syncing without using the cloud. I guess thats an advantage if you have a slow link. But apart from the wow factor - do you actually need it to sync that quickly in real life?

As for "all your devices", it doesn't support Android or Windows so it really means "all your Apple devices".

Lightroom import looked good till I realised its a one of import and there doesn't seem to be any syncing of metadata.

I guess its really just a competitor for Lightroom mobile really.

hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
2 Jan 2015 7:43PM
Mylio is not just a cloud based file storage system. The main differences are it only deals with photographs. It is a workflow management tool, that enables you to choose where the master images are stored. It then pushes copies of the images to other devices you have synced into the system.

Imagine you've just done a photo shoot and uploaded the images to your laptop as your out on the road. As soon as the laptop connects to a wifi connection the RAW images will then upload to your computer at home, at the same time Mylio uploads jpegs to the cloud as well as your Android / iOS tablet. The next day you get the train home and decide to check through the shots rate them and mark the ones you don't want on your tablet. As soon as you walk through the door at home and connect the tablet to the wifi it syncs all your ratings and updates from the tablet to the desk top computer so your ready to start processing the images.
hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
2 Jan 2015 7:48PM

Quote:OK, watched the introductory video and it looks like they do the syncing without using the cloud. I guess thats an advantage if you have a slow link. But apart from the wow factor - do you actually need it to sync that quickly in real life?

As for "all your devices", it doesn't support Android or Windows so it really means "all your Apple devices".

Lightroom import looked good till I realised its a one of import and there doesn't seem to be any syncing of metadata.

I guess its really just a competitor for Lightroom mobile really.

I was interested as it syncs all the meta data and the fact you can back up remotely from events to your home computer. I just don't do enough events and I wouldn't use it to process images as it's nowhere near CaptureOne
lobsterboy Plus
2 Jan 2015 8:04PM

Quote:I just don't do enough events and I wouldn't use it to process images as it's nowhere near CaptureOne

You sound like you have talked yourself out of it Wink
Personally its the sort of thing i would wait to see if it lasted before adopting it, no point in setting it all up & learning how to use it then the company goes bust because not enough people are paying them money for the service.
hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
2 Jan 2015 11:18PM

Quote:
Quote:I just don't do enough events and I wouldn't use it to process images as it's nowhere near CaptureOne

You sound like you have talked yourself out of it Wink
Personally its the sort of thing i would wait to see if it lasted before adopting it, no point in setting it all up & learning how to use it then the company goes bust because not enough people are paying them money for the service.

I did a couple of weeks ago after having a play with it, thought it might be of interest to others though. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.