Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Name Change

PEWARE 6 42
25 Feb 2009 7:02PM
Please apologize to all the ladies (or gentlemen )who were offended with my new name which has now been changed back

Regards

Pete

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

conrad 11 10.9k 116
25 Feb 2009 7:05PM
No one was offended, Pete. Some just mentioned a close resemblance - with a difference of only one letter - with my (user) name. But since I think it's fine myself, why should anyone else object? Plenty of room on the site for both of us! (People will have to read all of the letters instead of going by just a few, but they'll survive...)

BTW, I take it you do something with engines? (Always interested in terminology and such things, you see. Professional deformation, some would say.)
Carabosse Plus
12 39.8k 269 England
25 Feb 2009 7:05PM
Are, or were you, a mechanic, Pete? Smile
25 Feb 2009 7:07PM
Perhaps Pete was referring to his brief change of name rather than his original choice Conrad Wink
andytvcams 12 10.4k United Kingdom
25 Feb 2009 7:08PM

Quote:No one was offended, Pete. Some just mentioned a close resemblance - with a difference of only one letter - with my (user) name

What muffdiver Wink
cattyal Plus
10 7.0k 6 England
25 Feb 2009 7:09PM
Indeed no offence taken - it just seemed a tad risque (or is that just a sign of how my mind works) for a username and indeed the system agreed Smile
conrad 11 10.9k 116
25 Feb 2009 7:09PM

Quote:Perhaps Pete was referring to his brief change of name

Oh, ah. Right. Never mind. Was okay with me as well. We're fine, whatever he meant.
PEWARE 6 42
25 Feb 2009 7:27PM

Quote:Are, or were you, a mechanic, Pete?

Not as such. I was a long distance tanker driver but did small running repairs (a get to the nearest garage or home service)
Pete
25 Feb 2009 7:32PM
Hi Conrod, If you can please reply to my email I sent you with the username you would like to change to I will change it if its available.
Paul Morgan Plus
14 17.1k 6 England
25 Feb 2009 7:56PM

Quote:Please apologize to all the ladies (or gentlemen )who were offended with my new name which has now been changed back

I was not offended, just thought your avatar could have been interesting Smile
Sus 10 3.2k 9 England
25 Feb 2009 10:12PM
Can I be Seaman Staines then?
Snapper Plus
10 3.9k 3 United States Outlying Islands
25 Feb 2009 10:22PM

Quote:Conrod

Piston broke would be a close alternative ............... Wink
f8 11 9.2k 22 England
25 Feb 2009 10:53PM

Quote:Quote:ConrodPiston broke would be a close alternative ...............

Or even P***ed and broke?
spaceman 11 5.2k 3 Wales
25 Feb 2009 11:09PM

Quote:Actually, we do provide a facility to change your name (can be done only once so pick wisely). You can access it by going to My Settings > Change Login Details

I tried using that to give myself a big "S" but it wouldn't let me because it's thick and can't differentiate between big and small letters and it thinks that "Spaceman" has already been taken. So I'll be stuck with a little "s" forever. Sad
Carabosse Plus
12 39.8k 269 England
25 Feb 2009 11:12PM

Quote:So I'll be stuck with a little "s" forever.

If you ask the "right people" I'm sure that won't be the case! Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.