Nature of Britain

hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
11 Nov 2007 11:09AM
I've just been reading the paper this morning, yes I can read before any smart alecks come out. I was interested to see that the Nature of Britain had used staged shots of a fox shaking water of it's self. This had been used in the credits and within the episode on fresh water. It turns out that the fox in question is quite well known to a few EPZ's as she is a resident at the BWC called honey. The way the film was taken involved the fox's being called over for food and someone sprinkling them with water from a hose pipe. See link hear for story.

Myself I think a lot is being made out of nothing, the BBC have said that the context of the clip was to show how important water is to wildlife and I tend to think that based on this they haven't mislead anyone. If it had been used as part of a story on fox's in the wild then I think the paper would of had a point. My own personal belief is that the press are looking for any excuse to say that the public have been mislead as they think it will sell newspapers.

I'd be interested to hear what other's think about this.

I was going to put a shock horror topic title but I thought that would make me as bad as the press. :o)
riprap007 16 1.6k 37 England
11 Nov 2007 11:11AM
yes, and asif the press never misslead!
Coleslaw 15 13.4k 28 Wales
11 Nov 2007 11:19AM
It is my favourite program at the moment, and I do not read newspapar...Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.