Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

USA Landscape Photographer of the Year 2016 open to entries NOW!

NCFE in photography?

Peter23 8 23 2
1 Sep 2011 2:44PM
Hi,
Does anybody have any experience in college courses? I was wondering if an NCFE would look good on a cv in trying to get work? Whats the best type of course to go for?

Many thanks,
Peter Turner

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

1 Sep 2011 7:30PM
Hi Peter,
I did the NCFE course at night school in 2000, back in those days it was all film work. But I will say I enjoyed every minute of the 12 months course. When the course finished the tutor put me forward to do a full time ND course, which was over 2 years, with some digital work and again I loved every minute. So all I can say is to check what the course offers and if it looks right for you go for it.
Dave.
Peter23 8 23 2
2 Sep 2011 7:59PM
What actually is it though? Is it a degree or just a fancy name for learning something that does exactly that, just teach you rather than give you a qualification on your cv?
Peter
Carabosse Plus
13 40.0k 269 England
3 Sep 2011 1:36AM
As a general rule any qualifications in photography will be valueless if you are aiming to be a freelance photographer. It is possible they may be of some use if you are seeking a position as a salaried photographer. But qualifications awarded by (e.g.) the RPS and the BIPP are more likely to be regarded as relevant.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.