GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

ND grad Filters - help and info

LesF 13 182 9
18 Oct 2006 7:47PM
I am looking at purchasing ND Filters for some photography I am doing whist on holiday, you know the score, landsacpes with bright blue sky and bright blue seas.
Earlier in the year I had some success with a poarising filter, but I need to move on, so advice please on;

Cokin or Lee

difference bewteen hard and soft filters

and other relative information

Thanks
Les F

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keithh 15 25.5k 33 Wallis And Futuna
18 Oct 2006 8:03PM
Get in touch with Speedgraphic and tell them you want a Lee Holder kit, plus whichever size adaptor for your lenses, and 1,2 stop soft and 3 stop hard ND Grad and go enjoy the bright blue skies.
culturedcanvas 14 4.7k 59 United Kingdom
18 Oct 2006 8:05PM
Hi, i use Lee but can highly recommend the cokin stuff too .. as long as its z pro - if you are on a tight budget they are a better option .. if you are feeling flush then go for the Lee!

D
nikon5700ite 15 1.8k
18 Oct 2006 8:09PM
The other way is to do it in editing by exposing for the highlights ... holidays are for fun not messing with filters and lugging them around Smile
If you don't have PSP or PS then I'd put the 'filter cash' to that rather than NDs.

To use Cokin/Lee you also need a holder to carry the square filters of a sufficient size to not vignette at wide-angle setting of lens. P is bigger than A.

Check out www.cokin.com for details about their system.
ade_mcfade 15 15.2k 216 England
18 Oct 2006 8:14PM
COKIN P are ok for most things, loads cheaper, but you get what you pay for.

starter kits are about 33 - with 3 ND grads

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.