Claim 3 FREE professional prints with Fujifilm

Need advice and help

26 Nov 2009 8:35AM
hey all i am in a bit of a bother with my sony dlsr it has what looks like and internal crack in the lcd and it is white with black marks how much do you think that would be to fix and is it worth it

please help as i need to know if i should get another dslr or fix this one
strawman 18 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
26 Nov 2009 8:37AM
Does it look like fluid is leaking out. If not then you have probably only damaged a screen not the LCD. If it is not the LCD I would just ignore it.

You could phone the manufacturer service centre as there is often a standard repair charge. @ 150 would be fair.
26 Nov 2009 10:22AM
it has black stuff looks like a black ink in it like someone has hit it and black ink has coverd parts of it
strawman 18 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
26 Nov 2009 3:42PM
That sounds like you have broken the LCD. Check the Sony site for recommended service centres or go to one of the bigger camera dealers.

I know that Canon and Nikon offer repairs, but they are often fixed price deals, so if you phone them up with the model type they give you an idea of the costs. It will all depend on what they have to replace in order to fix it.
cambirder 18 7.2k England
26 Nov 2009 4:09PM
Do you have contents insurance that would cover the repair (or replacement if repair is too expensive)?
loweskid 20 2.0k 1 United Kingdom
26 Nov 2009 4:36PM
I cracked the top LCD on a D70 a few years ago. Nikon charged 80.00 to fix it. I claimed off my insurance and they paid up quickly - but only 30 as I have a 50 excess.
hey guys pro gear is fixing my sony they are the sony tech's that fix the sony slr's thanks for all your advice

but!!! im without my other slr now the canon is awa getting fixed the shutter button is stuffed so it is the fourth time i have sent it away i hope to get a new one but who know's with canon

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.