Need someone who's got an Apple Machintosh operating system

ovi 15 11 1 Romania
20 Jan 2006 6:53AM
Dear friends,
I need urgently someone who's using an Apple Machintosh operating system on it's computer.My need is related to a problem that I have for opening some very important pictures which have been burned on a CD as a hibrid available ONLY for this kind of system.
So,any help or sugestion is very appreciated.
Thank you ever so.
ovi.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 14 4.9k England
20 Jan 2006 7:01AM
Don't really understand what you are after. Just insert the CD and double click on it's icon on desktop, and click on the folders if any and the jpeg/tiff image. It should open automatically. Or use PS
ovi 15 11 1 Romania
20 Jan 2006 7:19AM
I have done this but I can't open any image but the first 2.A friend suggested me that I need somebody who's using Apple Machintosh system on it's computer.I can't offer more information but the above mentioned ones.
Thank you for help,anyway.
ovi.
20 Jan 2006 7:31AM
Sorry ovi, need more info. If 2 can be opened, what's the difference between them, and the ones you can't open. Are the pics jpegs/tiffs/mrw or...... ?
ovi 15 11 1 Romania
20 Jan 2006 7:45AM
They all are jpegs but each time when I'm trying to open the rest of the pictures the message given by the computer or printing machine(and I've tried different one)is:
"The system cannot open this image because the disc is damaged or has dust/scratches on it".The disc is clean,brand new one,no scratches on.
The disc(pictures in this case)was burned using Nero.
Thanks a lot.
ovi.
ovi 15 11 1 Romania
20 Jan 2006 7:46AM
They all are jpegs but each time when I'm trying to open the rest of the pictures the message given by the computer or printing machine(and I've tried different one)is:
"The system cannot open this image because the disc is damaged or has dust/scratches on it" but the disc is clean,brand new one,no scratches on.
The disc(pictures in this case)was burned using Nero.
Thanks a lot.
ovi.
ovi 15 11 1 Romania
20 Jan 2006 7:47AM
"The system cannot open this image because the disc is damaged or has dust/scratches on it" but the disc is clean,brand new one,no scratches on.
The disc containing all these pictures was burned using Nero.
Thanks a lot.
ovi.
20 Jan 2006 8:18AM
Don't know whether you can copy the jpegs to your HD, and try opening them from there.. or whether you'd get the same message. Could be there is a problem in the CD drive.
mdpontin 15 6.0k Scotland
20 Jan 2006 8:21AM
Certainly sounds like a problem with the CD. As Col suggests, try copying them to your HD. If that works, then you should be able to open the pics from there. If not, then you should maybe try cleaning the CD (gently!) to see whether that helps.

Doug
ovi 15 11 1 Romania
20 Jan 2006 8:29AM
I have tried to make a copy of this CD but couldn't manage.The response was that my comp. cannot perform the requested copy.
Thanks a lot for help.
ovi.
BigC 15 29 United Kingdom
20 Jan 2006 9:12AM
Hi Ovi.

Can't say I've come across that particular message before. The only suggestion I can think of is that the CD wasn't written correctly in the first place, it's more likely that the software you used didn't write those particular files correctly.

First you need to look at the originals (if they still exist) to see if they are OK.

If they are corrupt, then there is your answer.

If they are OK, you need to re-burn the data to a new CD.

Can you tell us what version of the Mac OS was on the machine ussed to burn the CD?
20 Jan 2006 9:49AM
ovi..... Highlight all the jpegs on the CD and drag them to desktop or Select all and drag to desktop, I have seen the error message before, on my Xbox when trying to replay a DVD, which wasn't quite compatible, with the Xbox but would play on the Computer.
mad-dogs 17 2.2k England
20 Jan 2006 11:52AM
Search for Graphic Converter and see if they do a version for PC. It opens virtually all image files.

You're welcome to mail me a file if you wish. E-addy in my profile
20 Jan 2006 11:56AM
Graphic converter mac only as far as as know.... The same offer via email if needed.. i don't mind a few big files.
steveb 15 343 United Kingdom
20 Jan 2006 10:58PM
Sounds like the CD is corrupted if it won't copy and files won't read. I always burn CD's from my Mac as hybrid Mac/PC with toast, never any problems.

Steve

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.