Neewer remote flash trigger, battery question

7 Feb 2016 10:13AM
Can anyone tell me the correct orientation for the A23 12v battery in the Neewer remote trigger transmitter ? It fell out when I opened the case and there is no +/- marking that I can find. Nothing in the instruction booklet either.

It works beautifully by the way - I've used it a lot over a couple of years but now the battery is flat....

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

chavender Plus
9 403 1 France
7 Feb 2016 1:01PM

If it`s this one

140396_1454849979.jpg

The negative goes to the spring (at least it does on mine)
PRC 5 216 United Kingdom
7 Feb 2016 9:12PM
Hi chataigner

I hope you don't mind me going slightly off-topic, but what camera(s) do you use the Neewer trigger on?

Philip
8 Feb 2016 10:08AM
I've used it on my old Canon 400D, on my current 70D and various members of our photo club have used it on a variety of Canons, Nikons and Sony or two.

It works really well, but as I've found to my cost it has a minor design flaw - the test button on the top of the unit is slighly proud of the case, so if you put in a crowded camera bag with other goodies, the button gets pressed by another object in the bag and the battery is flattened.

Regards david
8 Feb 2016 10:10AM

Quote:
If it`s this one

140396_1454849979.jpg

Thanks a million - I'd worked out that it was probably that, but didnt want to risk blowing up the electronics - 50/50 chance !

Regards David
PRC 5 216 United Kingdom
8 Feb 2016 2:26PM
Thanks, David. Being locked into Pentax kit, I'm thinking of getting a Pentax K-3ii as my next camera. It has no pop-up flash (which doesn't really worry me) but it means it cannot trigger an off-camera flash so it looks like this could be an option.
Philip

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.