Save 10% On Used Camera Equipment & Lenses From CameraWorld! Use ePHOTO at checkout.

New 7D MKII

Scottelly 7 35 United States
30 Mar 2013 6:02PM
A 7DII will probably match the latest from Canon . . . 20 MP. It will probably do ISO 800 with about the same noise levels as the current 7D does at ISO 400. It will have some new features for shooting HDR, and it will probably shoot 1080p60. The screen on the back will probably be 3.2 inches rather than 3 inches, and it will be slightly sharper and brighter. The camera might even shoot faster, to compete with the Sony A77. I may be wrong about the resolution. Canon may make it 24 megapixels, just to compete with the Sony A77 and Nikon D7100. Either way, the 18 megapixel 7D is still a great buy and an excellent performer (and this is an ex-Canon shooter who prefers Sony and Nikon speaking to you now). Should you wait for the new Canon? Not if you need or really want a new camera now. You can always sell your new camera in a few months to get the latest camera, but fankly, you won't get much better image quality even with 24 megapixels vs. 18 megapixels. Do the math. There are not that many more pixels across the image with a 24 MP vs. 18 MP image. The noise thing is not that significant either. I waited and waited, and frankly, the Sony A55 performs better in the noise department than the newer Sony A65. I shouldn't have waited.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit 10 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
30 Mar 2013 9:01PM
If the 7d2 is only 1 stop better than thr 7d regards noise I would be somewhat disappointed if you look at what the 6D can do
ianrobinson 9 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
30 Mar 2013 9:49PM
If the new 7D is on par with the old one I would be disappointed too, the new sensor that the 5d mkiii has is awesome i can shoot very high iso 4000 and the shots are as good as the 7D at 400 iso.
My Idea of a perfect new 7D MKII would be as follows, and i would buy one, heres to you canon get making Wink.

20-22 mega pixel cropped sensor 1.6, same new sensor as the 5D mkiii has digic 5
10fps
same autofocus system 5D mkiii has 61 point
All the other functions can stay the same as the current 7D.

My idea of the perfect 7D.

Everything about the 5D MKiii is perfect other than the cropped sensor for wildlife and the burst rate, saying that though it does make you think about your shots your taking rather than just fire off a load and hope for the best, saying that I like the burst rate to be better because you can capture that one shot out of 10 that will be your best shot, exmple an owl flying to a post, my example of the perfect shot would be seeing the claws of the owl stretched out ready to land on the post, so one out of 10 shots should give me that image.
sjk123 13 286 England
31 Mar 2013 10:15AM
Buy a 1dx then??

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.