Get 50% Off Affinity Photo Today!

new competition ... I'm confused

ejtumman 16 2.8k England
31 Oct 2004 3:42PM
Another image has vanished from the competition page. Whats going on? Thats 2 since it began.
sugarbird 16 223 South Africa
31 Oct 2004 3:54PM
I also posted one of my previous pictures, not to be sneaky, but it was the only one I thought suited the theme which was difficult and i also checked in other comps and people had posted previous shot and EC winners etc, not really relevent anyway as it hasn't got a chance, but good luck to the winner..( PS I am a female),,,I liked the one with the two black and white stripes best anyway...
I also promise I will not do it again...
31 Oct 2004 4:01PM
Maybe someone fom Canon could also choose the best picture, that would be quite interesting...
heidilee 16 901
31 Oct 2004 9:02PM
It was probably just an oversight by whoever uploaded. An honest mistake. The point is, I've never seen it in the gallery. The only people who will know whether its by a male or female will be those who looked at it and commented when it was first uploaded. With 200,000+ members, I'm sure not everyone will know whose it is!

Heidi
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
31 Oct 2004 9:08PM
the rules never actually mentioned anything about previous gallery uploads.
exposure Plus
16 6.0k England
31 Oct 2004 9:39PM
I was sure I hadn't read in the rules you could not enter images already shown in the gallery. I had checked the rules.
Pauline.
KathyW 17 1.8k 12 Norfolk Island
31 Oct 2004 9:55PM
I have seen one of the images, or something very similar, in the gallery, but I couldn't remember if it was by a man or woman, and I liked it, so I clicked it anyway!

Um, I thought this competition was supposed to be a fun one, just to prove once and for all that wimmin are the fairer sex...
1 Nov 2004 5:07AM
Yes, I read the rules very carefully and was also sure there was no mention of previous uploads, also it actually didn't really affect me as I am not a UK resident anyway and by entering one of my previous images, put it at a disavantage! But I just like to try the competitions out anyway...sponsors please note though, I now live in De Rust, England...LOL

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.