PortraitPro 21 - 50% OFF + an EXTRA 20% OFF! Use Code: EPZJS

New Email from new Olympus company

I received an email yesterday from (or purporting to have come from) the new Olympus company and I assume that it did, but it contains nonsense and reads poorly.

It contains phrases such as....

Quote:Your rental has been confirmed successfully.
Overview of your Rental request
Product/s: 20150825183602
Activation date:
Expiration date: Terms of Use

I've made no such request!

Presumably this message is an error but it's done nothing to build my confidence in the new operation!

Has anyone else had rogue messages from Olympus?

Trevor Littlewood

saltireblue Plus
10 11.4k 69 Norway
7 Jan 2021 8:55AM
Thanks for making the membership aware of this...

Delete as spam and block the sender...whenever changes occur to large international companies, which conceivably could lead to new customer terms of use, etc., then there are bound to be spammers who attempt to exploit the situation.
Pj0 9 15 Wales
7 Jan 2021 9:59AM
I received this email but with a different number. It also had my name on it.

I think the number might be a date and time. Possibly the date that I signed up for their newsletter.
SteveAitch 3 43 United Kingdom
7 Jan 2021 11:26AM
Yep, I had it too. To the bin with it!
Phillbri 19 475 United Kingdom
7 Jan 2021 11:50AM
I have had exactly the same email. Likewise I have made no such request!!!
7 Jan 2021 12:01PM
The email address is a correct Olympus EU one. Appears to me to be part of the transfer of product registrations etc to OM Digital Solutions. Presumably the original Japanese has been somewhat mangled in translation. As an Oly user I have no concerns.
DTM Plus
4 1
7 Jan 2021 1:08PM
Yes, I had it too. I'm waiting to see when my EM1X and PRO lens will arrive!
Minty805 Plus
4 40 9 United Kingdom
7 Jan 2021 6:05PM
I had this today. I emailed Olympus after checking their address (not replying to the email). They came back very swiftly, confirming it was a test email sent out in error and apologising.
MrDennis Plus
11 286 Wales
10 Jan 2021 3:56PM
They were Transferring over to the New Company and did a TEST that backfired. The test went out to Everyone on their list in ERROR!..
Stop Worrying. Mind You, it would be nice to test out some of their gear for Free..

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.