Save 10% On Your First Order With WhiteWall. Use Code: EPWW10

New gallery feature: Multiple category selection

JJGEE 17 8.0k 18 England
30 May 2006 6:46AM

Quote:just tick Save filter checkbox in gallery filter if you wish to do so

Brilliant - Really good enhancement !
TinHob 16 1 United Kingdom
1 Jun 2006 10:54PM
I love the changes, especially being able to select more categories. One suggestion for the filter; would it be possible to add more choices so instead of choosing by week, month etc, you could choose RC, EC, HC? I think it would be useful to be able to look at all B&W award winners, for example. Just a thought, don't know if it's possible/generally desirable or not.

James
conrad 18 10.9k 116
1 Jun 2006 11:32PM

Quote:you could choose ... HC?

Oh, oh, let's see how Pete feels about that - it would make his handing out of HCs a lot more noticeable...

BTW, if someone felt it necessary to subject Tom to the usual labeling as "New member", although he's also "(ephotozine)", why can we already send him private messages instead of having to wait until he's been registered for a month? Wink

Conrad
tj Plus
19 2.2k England
1 Jun 2006 11:58PM
Well done Tom! *****
Grin
csurry 20 9.2k 92
2 Jun 2006 12:08AM
Tj people are going to start talking!

Pete on holiday and you dishing out praise to the new guy at every opportunity, you know what this place is like for gossip.
cdm36 18 391 7 England
2 Jun 2006 12:18AM
Like I said yesterday, she's very active at the moment... Must be something in the air Wink
tj Plus
19 2.2k England
2 Jun 2006 12:27AM
Lol! ;-P
Just giving credit where credit's due in Tom's early days at epz.
clevercloggs 18 251 15 Netherlands
3 Jun 2006 5:26PM
Thanks to the new lay out we can only browse back as much as one year. Is there any particular reason for this?

May be a "history" option may be a solution. Something like going back 2 years, going back three years, going back 4 years etc.
conrad 18 10.9k 116
4 Jun 2006 3:55AM
Hey, that's right - I suddenly don't see any way anymore to view gallery pics older than a year! (Except going through people's portfolios, of course.) That couldn't possibly have been the intention, not viewing old pics anymore through the gallery. Any plans to fix that?

Conrad
tomcupr 16 346
4 Jun 2006 2:44PM
I didn't change anything regarding length of history. If you don't use filter you have all photos pulled out from database so just keep going backwards and I'm sure you will be able to find the oldest photo on ephotozine. Time selection is exactly the same as it was on the old layout - just categories changed.

If I find time tomorrow morning I will try it myself Wink
tomcupr 16 346
4 Jun 2006 2:48PM

Quote:I love the changes, especially being able to select more categories. One suggestion for the filter; would it be possible to add more choices so instead of choosing by week, month etc, you could choose RC, EC, HC? I think it would be useful to be able to look at all B&W award winners, for example. Just a thought, don't know if it's possible/generally desirable or not.

James

Hi James,

I will implement those as well but at the moment I have "tags" in the pipeline and I'm sure you will appreciate those more than changes in gallery viewing Smile But thanks for the idea anyway Smile
lobsterboy Plus
18 15.0k 13 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2006 11:05PM
Tom - couldn't you just add "order by date" to the e2 options dropdown at the bottom of the page?
conrad 18 10.9k 116
5 Jun 2006 1:18AM

Quote:Tom - couldn't you just add "order by date" to the e2 options dropdown at the bottom of the page?

Yep, that's it - that would be an excellent solution!

Conrad
tomcupr 16 346
5 Jun 2006 1:56AM
Yeah, I answered to that but my post was deleted Wink It's a great idea and I will do that once I finish "tagging"

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.