Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

New laws effecting us Photographers

JackAllTog Plus
11 6.2k 58 United Kingdom
9 Mar 2010 7:41PM
the law seems to mostly protect those who can afford big legal teams, more laws, more police, more officials, more advisors, = more taxes for those who work for britian.
dlegros 18 217 England
10 Mar 2010 10:17AM

Quote:Congestion is one of the by-products of a successful city....London has always been congested, there are accounts of it being so in medieval times!

Reminds me of when I was living in Greenwich when the Dome was running - there was a display in there sponsored by Ford with a scroller that read "In the year 1900, the average traffic speed in London was 11mph... In 2000, the average traffic speed in London is 11mph"

Got to love it! Smile
filmforever 13 775
10 Mar 2010 10:30AM

Quote:

Reminds me of when I was living in Greenwich when the Dome was running - there was a display in there sponsored by Ford with a scroller that read "In the year 1900, the average traffic speed in London was 11mph... In 2000, the average traffic speed in London is 11mph"

Got to love it! Smile

Yes exactly! All those hundreds of millions it cost to set up the Congestion Charge, and fundementally nothing changes!......Now it is going to cost hundreds of millions more for Boris to dismantle it!......and all of it OUR money.....One step forward...One step back!
strawman 17 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
10 Mar 2010 11:00AM
I thought congestion charging was working by keeping the average speed up at 11mph as it was falling
filmforever 13 775
10 Mar 2010 11:05AM
The average speed eastbound along Kensington High Street has certainly improved since the Council took out the bus lane.
riggwelter 14 165 United Kingdom
12 Mar 2010 2:21AM
Congestion is a population problem. The UK population is set to rise by 5 million or so in the next few years. What will it be like in a hundred years, or two hundred years?

Over-population (by humans) is the biggest threat the human race and perhaps the planet itself has ever faced, yet it is always skirted around. The government are eroding our freedoms, charging for congestion and telling us to cut our emissions, just to make room for more people. What they should be doing is tackling the problem head on with real education about contraception and the de-glorifying of large families.

Yes we should re-cycle, waste less and not use disposable items, but that is just stating the obvious. Why should we have to adopt a lower standard of living just so as many people as possible can be crammed onto this little island?
EmzLou1980 12 279 Scotland
12 Mar 2010 11:02AM
I'd like to know how the goverment would plan on implementing this law tbh, seems like a huge task and pritty impossible to enforce.... maybe public outrage is their aim....

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.