WEX Offer: Save 50 On The Olympus OM-D E-M1X

New London meet - Sunday 17th October 2004

nikonuseruk 16 145 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2004 1:49PM
Hi guys,

Ok due to not being able to make the last London meet on the 18th Sept I am now proposing a new meet for anyone who couldn't make it or would like to do it all over again. I am looking at Sat 16th, October and maybe meeting around the same place as the last one then move on from there. I believe the meeting place was "Starbucks opposite Charing Cross Station"

Ok so if anyone is up for this meet then lets start planning now as I would really love to meet some of you guys oh, and gals! Smile and also get my camera clicking again, I have marked my diary already for this date but if you would like to change the day to the week before or after or even the Sunday then thats cool, October is a toataly free month for me at the moment.

Ok, over to you guys now!!!

Robert
Carabosse 17 41.5k 270 England
20 Sep 2004 1:55PM
Definitely up for this. 16 Oct OK for me. I suggest, though, that we move out of the central area for the next meet - Hampstead was mentioned as a possibility, but I am sure there are many others.
20 Sep 2004 2:01PM
Never been to Hamstead but am up for new ideas, maybe there is London Zoo as well, just a thought also have heard people mention Canary Warf too and Thames Barrier.

I am easy on location so I guess we get some ideas togeather and go from there then.

I will be checking back to thread on a daily basis and keeping a hand in too this time, don't want it being hijacked again now do I, lol Smile (Only kidding!)

And if anyone is looking at going from Oxford area and wants to travel down togeather then let me know.
KatieR 16 6.2k 6
20 Sep 2004 2:41PM
I'm interested in Little Venice and The Regent's Canal, and Regent's Park itself. I thought about a boat trip on the canal too.
CatMouse 17 115 Russian Federation
20 Sep 2004 2:53PM
Very much, very much it would be desirable to join you,
To look and photograph these remarkable places.
We admit, we never were in London....

Malik & Mary.
20 Sep 2004 2:57PM
That sounds a lovely idea, Katie! Got my vote. Smile

Boat trip.... hope I'll have my image-stabilised lenses by then! Lol!!
KatieR 16 6.2k 6
20 Sep 2004 3:05PM
The only boats I'm going on will be very, very stable. And I will be able to walk faster than them.
mgerrard 16 44
20 Sep 2004 5:25PM
I will try and make this one too. Will be living in Coventry by then and hopefully be very busy but it sounds good, especially the boat trip idea.
Michael
Tony_M 16 342 England
20 Sep 2004 5:35PM
Put me down as "possible, but unlikely" for this one. I have the company's annual social event in Birmingham on that day. I might be able to make it for half a day....

Tony
KatieR 16 6.2k 6
20 Sep 2004 8:51PM
Oh no! I'm not sure I can manage London without Tony :o/
Fishnet 16 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2004 9:56PM
Put me on the list although with small children and a husband that works weekends at the drop of a hat I can't say definately, but all being well, I will be there.
20 Sep 2004 10:14PM
Aaargh!! Can't make the 16th - just been reminded this evening by a friend that I have to video a musical event of his that afternoon. (I'd far rather be at the meet, frankly!)

Any possibility of shifting to the Sunday (17th) or maybe to the following weekend? Really don't want to miss this.... :-(
21 Sep 2004 3:19AM
Katie, The river trip sounds good to me as I believe you can get to see more from a boat, and hey, all boats are stable! so that is a def ok with me. Now isn't London zoo in Regents park too? maybe we could fit that in as well?? just an idea!!

Have just been looking at Regents canal on the internet and it looks to be a good place. I am also looking at other places in and around London but not sure yet, some people at work have mentioned but have to admit the Canal is the best so far.

Moving to the Sunday or the followinf week is ok by me, Sunday 17th might be better but I am ok with either

Robert
Snapper_T 16 867 United Kingdom
21 Sep 2004 8:08AM
I should be able to make this one. Suggested ideas sound fine to me.
Trev
collywobles 16 4.0k 10 United Kingdom
21 Sep 2004 9:10AM
If I dont have to take my son and his wife to the airport I would like to join this one. Wont know until a bit later.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.