Save & earn with MPB; trade-in and buy pre-loved

New London meet - Sunday 17th October 2004

col.campbell 18 1.4k 4 United Kingdom
21 Sep 2004 9:59AM
Without being able to check my calendar right now, I like the sound of another meeting so for the time being at least, count me in! Grin
Trev, wanna be travel buddies again?
vfr400w 18 53
21 Sep 2004 12:05PM
I'd like to make this meet having missed the last one, the 16/17th or 23/24th should be ok for me.

chris
creative_sara 18 647
21 Sep 2004 1:29PM
Robert,

Count me in as 99.9% diffinate to come prefer 17th if not to much of pain with other guys

Sara
randomrubble 17 3.1k 12 United Kingdom
21 Sep 2004 1:38PM
I'd probably be up for it again, and I like the sound of the Regents Canal.
nikonuseruk 18 145 United Kingdom
21 Sep 2004 1:49PM
Ok guys,

I am now proposing October 17th (Sunday) for the meet at Regents park/Canal as I have been looking on the net and this does look a great place and plenty to photograph there too and also so far people seem to prefer the 17th or can't make the 16th. As anyone actually been there? how about you Katie (kyd) have you beeen to know what type of boat trip they do?

So is the 17th ok for all then? nows the time to say as if we need to change again the better to change dates now then later

Rob
KatieR 18 6.2k 6
21 Sep 2004 1:59PM
Rob, I can only make it on a Sunday if the trains will allow, so I'll have to check.
With regard to the water transport, I believe there are several companies which run short cruises, but I don't know if they continue into October. I'll see what more I can discover. We can always walk the towpath.
Weather permitting, there should be opportunities for landscape, wildlife, and candid stuff along the way. I would imagine that it's too much to do the zoo as well in one day. Another time, maybe - entry to the zoo is quite expensive so it would be best to spend the best part of a day.
Katie
21 Sep 2004 2:13PM
I'm ok for the Saturday or if not that weekend the the one before or after is ok for me too either the 9th or the 23rd. Would like to do it when we can all meet up as I missed out last time.

Ok the dates are as follows then:

Sat 9th Oct
Sat 16th Oct
Sun 17th Oct
Sat 23rd Oct

Don't want to give to many dates as it will get to confusing but would like to make it for when as many of us can make it as possible as would like to meet as many of you as can. All theses dates are good for me and I have marked my diary as busy for all of them ready.

I have stuck to the Regents Park/Canal now so will also be doing as much research as poss for that area.

May start a thread up for the Zoo too then, sounds like a great place that I can't ever recall going to before so will be a good one too, I mean animals are great to photograph.

Rob
KatieR 18 6.2k 6
21 Sep 2004 2:16PM
Rob, I think you should just pick one date that you can do, and stick to it. It is a nightmare trying to please everyone, I promise!!
Stick with the Sunday 17th, if I were you.
21 Sep 2004 2:19PM
Ok guys and gals, Sunday 17th October is the date then. Now it's just a matter of getting as many people as possible

Rob
Carabosse Plus
19 42.5k 270 England
21 Sep 2004 2:24PM
Excellent! I'll be there! Smile

Now, who else?

PS: I don't mind keeping the list up to date, Rob, if that will help.
21 Sep 2004 2:28PM
Carabosse,

You seem to have done a great job before so who am I to complain, lol Smile

I will be on here on a daily basis too so will also keep a note as well but still welcome the help too just incase I do get side tracked!
Carabosse Plus
19 42.5k 270 England
21 Sep 2004 2:30PM
Cheers, Rob - I'll keep the list. I'll draw up the first one when we've had a few more names.
collywobles 18 4.1k 10 United Kingdom
21 Sep 2004 4:42PM
Have walked the Regents Canal in London a few times and its an interesting walk with lots of pic opportunities. Get out at Warick St Station and Little Venice is just around the corner. The walk goes from Little Venice right through to Limehouse and takes in the Avery at London Zoo, London Mosque, Camden Market, Kentish Town Lock, The River Tyburn plus lots more. Would also prefer 17th can then be certain of coming.
Tony_M 18 342 England
21 Sep 2004 5:17PM
It's changed to the 17th? Now I have to decide if I can get back down to London from a night out in Birmingham. Nothing like a brisk walk in the clean air (ahem) to get rid of the hangover!

Oh, and I'll have my better half in tow most likely. She arrives in the country next week Smile

Tony
Carabosse Plus
19 42.5k 270 England
21 Sep 2004 5:18PM
I'll ask Pete to change the thread heading to show the date.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.