WEX Offer: Save 50 On The Olympus OM-D E-M1X

New London meet - Sunday 17th October 2004

gill_f Plus
16 122 England
17 Oct 2004 10:27PM
Thanks everyone for a really good days shooting and excellent company. Sorry we lost you Barry. Looking forward to the next meet.
Gill
vfr400 18 886
17 Oct 2004 11:09PM
Thank to all who made it, I had a great day and thoroughly enjoyed myself.
I put the radio on while soaking in a hot bath and listerned to the reports of the protest marchers reported 100,000 and the police 20,000 people attending. However many it was a great Opportunity for some good photographs. I've got one to post tomorrow that makes me smile.
I've posted one I took when Shaun and myself went over the river. Thanks again for a great day looking forward to more.

chris
gill_f Plus
16 122 England
17 Oct 2004 11:20PM
Tried to reduce the file size enough to post a pic here, unsuccessfully. Put a couple up here http://www.bytephoto.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=504
Is there an easy way to reduce to the correct file size? I could get the image size OK and then took it down to 5 in ps - but still too big.
Gill
randomrubble 16 3.0k 12 United Kingdom
17 Oct 2004 11:36PM
I use the save for web feature in Photoshop CS. you can set the image size to 500, in the dialog. then on the pop out menunext to presets pick optimize to file size and set it to 60k. the benefit of using save for web is that it helps to avoid overwriting the scan with a low res image by mistake.
gill_f Plus
16 122 England
17 Oct 2004 11:51PM
Thanks, I'll try again tomorrow.
Gill
Snapper_T 16 867 United Kingdom
18 Oct 2004 9:25AM
Some good shots there Gill.

ChrisK, Can you pencil me in for the 30th, I need some night photography pracitce. Hopefully I can make it, but ir depends how late I stay out on the Friday night.
Trev
tezza 16 569 United Kingdom
18 Oct 2004 9:28AM
Sounds like you all had a good day, shame I missed it :-(

As for resizing Gill, I use windows explorer. Click on the file to be resized then right click. A box comes up with various options. Click on the custom button then enter 500 (pixels)in each of the boxes and you should then have a file with the right dimesions and below the file size required.

Terry
gill_f Plus
16 122 England
18 Oct 2004 9:33AM
Thanks Tezza and randomrubble. With your help, I've nailed it.
nikonuseruk 16 145 United Kingdom
18 Oct 2004 10:54AM
Hey guys, got my first 'editors choice' for a photo taken on the meet sun 17th from the anti war demo. Well worth going to I say. Cheers guys.

Rob
shaun 17 368 England
18 Oct 2004 5:41PM
Well I've finally got round to posting the group shot. Hope I got everyone's name right!

If anyone is interested in a copy then drop me an email at shaun(dot)ball(at)dsl(dot)pipex(dot)com.

Had a great day, but boy did I ache by the end Wink Good to see some new faces and some new parts of London.

I'll be posting some more shots later this week I hope (1.2GB to sift through!).

Cheers,
Shaun

PS congrats to Rob on the EC! Great shot!
Fishnet 16 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
18 Oct 2004 10:56PM
The group shot looks great (even though I seem to look a bit weird in it, but then I always hate photos of myself), I have now put all of my better ones on my website, I'm itching to see everyone elses now.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.