90% Off inPixio Photo Studio 10 Ultimate Software Bundle

New Members Gallery

derekhansen 12 210 24 United Kingdom
3 Jun 2014 1:11PM
I just wondered what the EPZ team thought about the above idea.
To be honest I would love to have the time to go through the main gallery on a regular basis but in truth I rely on the Connections Photos gallery a bit too much, only seeing new members work when I spot a name I dont know or if I have quite a lot of time to look in the main gallery. I am sure I cant be the only one to use the site this way. The problem is that there must be occasions when I miss some excellent photography and then rely on my rather haphazard method of viewing to catch up

Perhaps the New member would only be considered 'new' for say 3 months then their work would be removed completely from the New member gallery.

Anyway food for thought.

If there is another way to quickly access this info please let me know.
davidburleson 14 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
3 Jun 2014 1:37PM
Hi Derek,

Thanks for the suggestion. We will take it on board. While we have not thought of doing a 'new members gallery', in the near future, we will be looking at ways of improving ways for our users to discover new photos on the site which they might like which will allow users like you to quickly broaden your scope of viewing to more members and find those hidden jems that are all so often missed. I can't go into too much detail about the specifics, but it's all really exciting stuff which i'm extremely excited about.

David
derekhansen 12 210 24 United Kingdom
3 Jun 2014 1:55PM
Thanks for the prompt feedback David. I will keep my on new announcements.
rhousham 13 435 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2014 6:36AM
I quite like the idea - also things like a beginners/intermediate/pro gallery might be good.
Jestertheclown 12 8.4k 253 England
9 Jun 2014 8:43AM

Quote:things like a beginners/intermediate/pro gallery might be good.

Only provided that they're separate from and not instead of, the main gallery.
Personally, I think that the site's cluttered enough as it is; I couldn't be bothered with trawling through three galleries.
collywobles 16 4.1k 10 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2014 9:15AM
This idea can work in a club competition where a tog can build up points in competitions but cant see how it would work on the site, For example how and who would decide which image goes into which category, if we have beginners, inter, advanced......

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.