Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

New RAW format of Canon G10

webjam 15 292 11 Netherlands
30 May 2009 10:23PM
Just took my new compact (Canon G10) with me on our recent holiday in Norfolk. But now, I cannot view the RAW files on either CS2 and Capture One LE (3.7.7.), the last being my favorite RAW converter.

Do I need to load new plug ins? Any ideas where to get them and how to install them (and where). Please do not tell me to update the software completely - no money left for that anymore...

Jacqueline

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
30 May 2009 10:28PM
You need to download the latest version of Adobe RAW, the only problem is I don't think CS2 is supported and may not have a version that copes with the Canon G10. The alternative is to use the Adobe DNG converter that changes the Canon RAW format to the more common Digital Negative (DNG)
Briwooly 13 452 5 England
30 May 2009 10:35PM
You need the latest version of the DNG Converter, available here:
Link
(see right side of page for download links)

Brian...........................................

Quote:You need to download the latest version of Adobe RAW, the only problem is I don't think CS2 is supported
its not
30 May 2009 10:40PM
Oh my goodness, another conversion and another file format... :-(
Going digital should make life easier for an amateur photographer.

So I should convert the Canon RAW to DNG, import to CS2, make a PSD file, then export for web as a small JPG, and another JPG version for print. #$%^&*@@@.

Thanks for the help, I will try the links!
Jacqueline
strawman 15 22.1k 16 United Kingdom
30 May 2009 10:56PM
Jacqueline you should be able to download version 4 of capture 1 for free, and yes it will open the G10 files and has a few extras waiting for you. My version of 3.7 upgraded OK.

No need to go backwards to the Adobe RAW converter Wink
30 May 2009 11:00PM
Just been browsing on the Phase One site, but I cannot find a LE, or an upgrade from 3 to 4. It is the Pro version which is being advertised and named. Cannot even find the (upgrade) price of the Capture One (normal) version 4.

Did find the DNG converter on the Adobe site. But I understand it is a seperate piece of software...?

Jacqueline
30 May 2009 11:10PM
Found it! Well, the price of a new version of Capture One 4. Seems that they do not do a LE anymore.
99 euroos...
Briwooly 13 452 5 England
30 May 2009 11:11PM
Jacqueline here's a link to the download for version 4 you have to log in or register to download click the green arrow on the left

Brian..................................................
30 May 2009 11:12PM
You do not need to buy, if you log into your account at phase 1 where you registered the Version 3 software it should tell you how many upgrades you have left.

Mine included an upgrade to version 4 so all I did was download the new software and enter my old licence number.

Upgrades:
In general a major upgrade of Capture One implies that it is a paid upgrade, also to existing customers.

As an example Capture One 4 is a major upgrade from version 3.x

A free upgrade lets you use a major upgrade of Capture One at no extra cost. From their support side.

Quote:
Actications:
With Capture One's standard license terms you can activate the software on up to two computers for your personal use.

With Capture One 4 and beyond you can get information on the number of free activation entitlements you have left for the relevant License Codee.

You can also get this information by accessing your Phase One profile on Phase One's web-site.

brian1208 16 11.5k 12 United Kingdom
30 May 2009 11:16PM
I think the latest version on Irfan View may read your G10 RAW files here (and its a freebie)
30 May 2009 11:18PM
To check out your activation status, click on the login blue text at the top and when in go to the account area and check up on your license status.

As I said my LE version upgrades to the standard V4 tool. So should yours.
30 May 2009 11:27PM
Ok, will try that tomorrow, I am falling asleep here over my keyboard Smile.

Brian, Conrad is using Irfan View and from its results het got, I am not so keen on that program.

Thanks Strawman for writing down all the instructions! I really appreciate it!

My goodness, is it possible to survive in the world of photography without the help of EPZ? Grin

Jacqueline
Carabosse 16 41.3k 270 England
30 May 2009 11:35PM
I used to be on Capture One LE, but am now on Capture One 4.8 with the various upgrades.

I can't recall paying for any of the upgrades......
1 Jun 2009 8:29PM
Lucky you, Carabosse! I can't even log in to the website. When I press the button that I forgot my password, they say it has been sent to me. But it is not in my mailbox. Grrrrrrrr! Tried several times. Maybe they are on vacation...?
So I can't even download a trial of version 4.

Jacqueline
Carabosse 16 41.3k 270 England
1 Jun 2009 10:08PM

Quote:it is not in my mailbox

May have gone into your junk mail folder?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.