Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

new refreshed web!!!

copek 17 82
14 Nov 2011 1:55PM
Hi guys, I just would like you to have a look at my new refreshed web and if you have any comments or suggestions feel free to let me know, by the way I'm using wordpress now and it's soooo much easier and much more friendlier to control anything.

thank you for visiting and enjoy
Martin
digicammad 18 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
14 Nov 2011 1:58PM
Where do we find the link Martin?
copek 17 82
14 Nov 2011 2:06PM
Louise_Morris 11 2.5k England
14 Nov 2011 2:14PM
Hi Martin,
Have just had a look at your site as I too have just started up a foliopic site which I have yet to add the buying side to. Your site is extremely user friendly and easy to navigate but just one glaring error is that Landscapes is spelt incorrectly as LANDASCAPES in your BUY PRINT section - just thought you would like to know that! Some good images there too!

Louise

http://www.lmimages.co.uk/
14 Nov 2011 2:18PM
Good clear layout and easy to read text. I don't know if it is a problem at my (work) end but it seems very slow to load pages. Ideally it should be possible to buy a print directly from the gallery, instead of having to go to a separate page and try to find the correct print, particularly as all images are shown on one page in the buy print section.

You also have a type 'landascape' on the buy print page.

HTH

Ian
Carrera_c 12 273 3 United Kingdom
14 Nov 2011 3:52PM
The images do seem to take a while to load on some pages. This is really noticeable on the Buy Prints page. I have a suspicion that your thumbnails are being created from the full size images on the site and then sized down. This can slow page loads as it has to load the image at full resolution and then resize it. If you can I would have a second copy of the images already at thumbnail size and use those for these pages as it should increase the speed of the page load.
miked70 12 225 3 South Africa
15 Nov 2011 3:08AM
'); //-->
what is this on front page

fireshot-capture--050----www-martinmajewski-com----www-martinmajewski-com.jpg

install Firefox and YSlow to test site it does load slowly
why is there nothing on home page i sat waiting for something to appear -no text
overall looks clean but does need so work.
BTW i do build web sites
all of mine need to score an A-B before i hand over to client
F puts you at the bottom as far as spiders etc for finding
15 Nov 2011 8:22AM
Interesting tool, my sites score A apart from the Content Delivery Network category. Thanks for the info.

Ian
miked70 12 225 3 South Africa
15 Nov 2011 10:01AM
no problem nice to know how site fair's for spiders etc.
copek 17 82
15 Nov 2011 6:21PM
thanks guys for all suggestions, I've installed some plug -ins and it works much faster
thatmanbrian 10 342 3 Spain
15 Nov 2011 6:31PM
Louise, looked at your site and felt it awkward to have to scroll up and down so much. Just a thought.
SophieHart 11 136 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2011 6:28AM
Not sure if this is because I am using an iPad but although I can add to the shopping cart thee seem to be no prices before I add to the shopping cart. I also found it tricky to navigate using a touch screen as the menus seem a little tiny. I'm sure it's fine with a mouse though.
66tricky 14 742 Scotland
16 Nov 2011 12:28PM
The link to http://www.francescorosati.com/ is malformed.
chrissp26 17 39 United Kingdom
21 Dec 2011 4:14PM
I quite like it but I have an issue with the gallery. You darken the thumbs that are not selected to the point that you can't see what that the thumbnails are. I understand the need to highlight the one you are currently on so the user doesn't lose where they are in the list, but I already know that I'm on that image because its large. I would lose the darkening effect as I want to select the images I want to see not necessarily in the order you give them to me.

Just a little pointer.

Chris

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.