Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

New tube for Portaflash 336VM

shiny 11 6 United Kingdom
29 Nov 2012 3:35PM
Hi All,

I'm trying to get a new flash tube for a portaflash 336VM and was wondering if anyone knew where to get one, or what the spec for the tube is so I can look around.

To be clear it's not the screw in modelling bulb I need, it's the actual circular tube. I don't think it's supposed to be user replaceable and Jessops can't help.

I have looked on ebay, I thought I had seen one on there but I can't see any at the moment.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chrism8 10 824 16 England
29 Nov 2012 4:36PM
According to this web site, Here not user replaceable, may be better off with a new unit from Fleabay

Cheers

Chris
timbo 14 595 United Kingdom
30 Nov 2012 9:26AM
Blimey, i have one of these somewhere (and one of the next model down without modelling light), still working. If you want to buy them off me send me a private message and we can talk about it.
shiny 11 6 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2012 9:59AM
Thanks for the answers.

I bought the faulty unit on ebay as part of a job lot (2 of the 336VM's, stands, and a few other bits and pieces). It was marked as being faulty but I only really wanted 1 of them to add to add to my existing kit and for 40 for all of it, it was well worth getting.

Now that it has been sat for a while I thought it would be good to try and get it going, if I can't I haven't lost anything.

A friend is a bit of an electronics wizz and has got the unit open. While the tube is not supposed to be user replaceable he thinks he can solder a new tube in and get it working for me, all we need to know is the voltage / wattage etc to get a new one.

Jessops can't help. The guy I spoke to at there customer support told me to look on the manufacturers website, he didn't even know it was there own brand!

I'll keep looking, as I say I have nothing to lose.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.