New upgrade a success


PhilT2 Plus
9 513 29 England
21 Jan 2016 12:12PM
Well done guys.........the new format is looking very good and is operating smoothly (so far Wink)
The gallery pages now compete with other sites in terms of modern clean looks and the variety of functions added and revised look good.
Speed appears to be very good even with IE11 which was grinding to a halt.
Perhaps the click on gallery image (to enlarge) may fool one or too as it used to be a click to reduce it. However, the images look better by eliminating all other screen activity.

I for one am impressed.............My hat's off to you !!!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sitan1 11 1.2k United Kingdom
21 Jan 2016 12:17PM
As Phil says, great job
cats_123 Plus
15 4.9k 29 Northern Ireland
21 Jan 2016 12:24PM
looks good...quick q? how do I reach the `other' galleries...eg. `junior gallery'?
Scaramanga 11 60 6 United Kingdom
21 Jan 2016 12:25PM
Click on the filter button next to the upload one?
Scaramanga 11 60 6 United Kingdom
21 Jan 2016 12:33PM
On the old version I liked where you click on your image before uploading to review it, is it just me or is this not available?
JackAllTog Plus
10 5.7k 58 United Kingdom
21 Jan 2016 12:39PM

Quote:On the old version I liked where you click on your image before uploading to review it, is it just me or is this not available?

I never even knew that facility existed.


Site looks good ePz thanks Smile
PhilT2 Plus
9 513 29 England
21 Jan 2016 12:39PM

Quote:On the old version I liked where you click on your image before uploading to review it, is it just me or is this not available?

Yep I noticed that and could not find a way to enlarge it.
Also it appears that you cannot enlarge versions loaded behind the lead picture, which is a bit of a shame.

Maybe these could be looked at for future
jeanie Plus
15 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
21 Jan 2016 12:40PM
Loving the new look - though I just uploaded and despite the link being on for FB it has not worked - may need a tweak? Grin

Well done team!

Smile
cats_123 Plus
15 4.9k 29 Northern Ireland
21 Jan 2016 12:41PM

Quote:Click on the filter button next to the upload one?
I see now...many thanks Smile
Techno Plus
11 4.2k 8 England
21 Jan 2016 12:44PM
Excellent, love the new look..................Wink
bluesandtwos 10 406 1 England
21 Jan 2016 1:23PM
I think the 'new look' is great! Well done all the guys involved. Smile

I'm old and wrinkly Grin so excuse the silly question but on the old version you could go back through the main gallery a page at a time, can this still be done or is it a case of just keep on scrolling down?

Dave
PhilT2 Plus
9 513 29 England
21 Jan 2016 1:36PM

Quote:I'm old and wrinkly Grin so excuse the silly question but on the old version you could go back through the main gallery a page at a time, can this still be done or is it a case of just keep on scrolling down?

Dave



It appears that the gallery is continuous as is common with most sites these days. There are two way to view the thumbnails (either justified or grid) The grid view is the same as it was before and shows 4 thumbnails across. It appears to be grouped into showing 120 images and then a small banner advert breaks the gallery before the next 120 images and so on. Although this may not help as the position moves with more uploads. But the page numbers used to do the same.
I find the justified setting and the constant scroll an advantage in speed as it does not have to refresh the whole of the gallery page as it used to.
I am sure you will prefer this version when you get used to it.
TanyaH Plus
16 1.3k 395 United Kingdom
21 Jan 2016 1:43PM

Quote:I'm old and wrinkly Grin so excuse the silly question but on the old version you could go back through the main gallery a page at a time, can this still be done or is it a case of just keep on scrolling down?

Dave - it's designed for the arthritic old gits like yourself (and me, to be fair). The idea is that the constant scrolling helps ease tightness in the joints via the gentle massing motion of scrolling, therefore alleviating the need to 'click' all the time (hard on the knobbly bits) and thus reducing the possibility of RSI ...

Grin
PhilT2 Plus
9 513 29 England
21 Jan 2016 1:48PM

Quote:Dave - it's designed for the arthritic old gits like yourself (and me, to be fair). The idea is that the constant scrolling helps ease tightness in the joints via the gentle massing motion of scrolling, therefore alleviating the need to 'click' all the time (hard on the knobbly bits) and thus reducing the possibility of RSI ...
Grin



I did not know that Tanya..............not quite an old git Wink yet so will doubtless be very grateful when that day arrives WinkWinkWinkWinkWink
TanyaH Plus
16 1.3k 395 United Kingdom
21 Jan 2016 1:54PM

Quote:I did not know that Tanya..............not quite an old git Wink yet so will doubtless be very grateful when that day arrives

Neither am I, Phil ... but Shhhhhh - don't tell Dave! I'm trying to make him feel better about being old and wrinkly Wink
(sorry no. 1 ... you know I'm only kidding you ... I'm sure you're not wrinkly ...)


Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.