Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

New V4 ePhotozine views

mdpontin 17 6.0k Scotland
17 May 2007 1:45PM
Makes sense
culturedcanvas 15 4.7k 59 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2007 10:14AM
Has everyone settled into V4 now and do people prefer this over V3? What do people make of some of the new features etc and how what would people like to see developed in future?

Just thought I'd resurrect this one to get a feel for the changes that have been made ..

Dan
Coleslaw 16 13.4k 28 Wales
22 Jul 2007 10:29AM
so far so good.
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
22 Jul 2007 11:03AM
For me the main things is we have a stable base now. This will not be apparent from the front end, but it does mean we now have a totally optimised database ready for expansion.

From a user point of view there are many additions that were not in V3. Some like sudoku avatars, smilies stars and country flags you may say are token extras that you can live without.

But consider things like gallery pagination, albums, forward/backward tabs in gallery, junior gallery, a highly advanced search, tags that will be implemented in articles, user location tracking, advanced gallery filters, larger pics etc and I think most will be happy. Of course I could be wrong, but the stats seem to agree. In terms of visitors we are currently recording our best ever month.
culturedcanvas 15 4.7k 59 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2007 11:39AM
I agree that the bugs seemed to be ironed out now and the site has been running fine during the week I have been back on it.

I would expect more people to be using the site as it is a lot more commercial now .. I'm not saying that is a bad thing by the way .. it's just an observation.

Some of the improvements are great IMHO .. such as the junior gallery .. larger pics ... pano gallery etc .. all of these add serious value to the site. As you already know im not overly concerned by the smilies etc but they seem to be working ok and have been adopted well ..

So what other 'serious' features are going to be rolled out by the end of the year Pete ??? Anything in the pipeline??

Dan
22 Jul 2007 12:40PM
I don't wish to write reams explaining the hows/whens/whys of my deciding to just view or vote or comment on a picture but, a large part of how I work this site is by viewing portfolios but, since the disappearance of the votes on individual member's galleries (and which did have an influence on whether I decided to investigate further and open individual thumbnails) I've found my level of interest has dropped massively, and I haven't bothered to make a proper comment for weeks.

Am I the only one that misses being able to have a quick look at someone's gallery, check if they're doing well recently, got an RC maybe or whatever. I don't have the time to open lots of thumnails if I'm doing a 'catch up'. In fact there are umpteen reasons why I like to see the individual votes on their gallery pages. I've been on this site nearly four years, I know how votes work and the whys and wherefores of who gets/gives them, so this is not about clicks and comments, this is asking why we only see thumbnails and titles now and not the votes, and to what benefit. To me it is detrimental they've gone, it has reduced my interest somehow with the consequence that other members in turn not getting the comments or votes they may have done from me.

Apologies if this has been answered in another thread and I've missed it but I do find it hard to believe that I am the only one who misses this feature.
lobsterboy Plus
17 15.0k 13 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2007 12:46PM

Quote:Am I the only one...

Nope I miss it too Sad

Quote:Some like sudoku avatars, smilies stars and country flags you may say are token extras that you can live without.

But they seem to annoy Ashley a lot so they can't be all bad Wink
magnus 16 661 5 United Arab Emirates
22 Jul 2007 12:59PM

Quote:Nope I miss it too

and me....could it not be made optional in user preferences?
Tooth 16 5.8k 227 Ireland
22 Jul 2007 1:04PM
and me..
Chant57 Plus
15 395 3 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2007 2:33PM
And me..I often used to go back to an image to see how it was doing, now the votes are not displayed underneath the image in a persons portfolio, I seldom do, as its rather time consuming having to open the individual image
catnappin 14 666 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2007 2:41PM
I miss the votes under the images too , I like to see what people like or dislike.
kitsch 15 439 4 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2007 6:30PM
ditto... i miss the votes under pics too....
for just same reasons as lydia and chant57
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
22 Jul 2007 6:45PM
I'll get that returned then. Hopefully by mid week Smile
lobsterboy Plus
17 15.0k 13 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2007 7:01PM
^^^ I love the way TPTB of Epz never stop listening to the sites users Smile
22 Jul 2007 7:04PM
Excellent, thanks Pete. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.