Shop Cyber Monday Deals For Photographers

New Website - comments appreciated, thanks.

Hugeknot 16 1.2k 2 Iceland
4 May 2005 4:53AM
Hi
Your site looks very nice... I think the green works well!
There is good navigation and you should be able to get established in your niche very firmly. If you have the time check out my site. It is only a freebie self build and not as professional looking as yours, but what might interest you are some of the links I have added to my site (especially the Gallery page)here I have reciprocal link arrangements with three photography websites. I just had to past their banner in HTML and I get listed on their website. Then there are other things that have really helped me triple the number of visitors such as click generators and webrings. I don't really like pop ups but there is a pop-under facility which gets me further click credits. one visitor was a picture researcher who is currently showing my work to a book publisher!
Daisy_intheMill 17 145 1 United Kingdom
4 May 2005 6:08AM
Thankyou Tony. Your photos are amazing, especially the northern lights.
You've linked up to these sites but do they help you on a Google search, do you know?
goatster 17 399
4 May 2005 6:20AM
Just to follow on from Ian's point re the homepage and lack of info on/in it for the search engines.

You have plenty of space underneath the welcome image to add text containing search engine data. By the look of the page it you want to keep it clean and crisp so you can add text by using the same 'websafe' colour for the text as the background. Set it in a table at the bottom of the page, again in the same colour and you have something that the search engines can look for that doesnt interfere with the look and feel.

Tony
Hugeknot 16 1.2k 2 Iceland
4 May 2005 6:26AM
Hi again, well thanks for looking, yes I frequently try different google searches.
I am on search page one with:
iceland, northernlights
tony prower

Search page two with:
images of iceland

Nowhere to be seen with:
Northern lights

I have heard that once you are up there, you are up there.
I'm not sure if it is specifically these links that help, I think every little bit helps and when your page has many visitors, the search engines rate the page higher.
digicammad 18 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
4 May 2005 6:30AM
Unfortunately not. To maintain a decent ranking you need to

- make sure your site is getting regularly hit from other sites which the search engines like. Google calls these important sites. Try to get links to your site on other pages which have a good Google rank.

- update it regularly, search engines can detect if a site is stale.

It is possible that your site is up there at the moment because of all the hits it has taken from the link on here. You need to keep an eye on it once this thread dies.

Ian

ah - I see you edited your post. :0)
daviewat 18 4.1k Scotland
4 May 2005 12:49PM
We with sites could of course plead with others who have to include a link to each others !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am happy to do that for folks on mine Daves Web Site
Or we could all plead to Pete to begin a new catagory on the left hand side with members web site addresses for us all to view etc.

Dave

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.