Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 3-Months For FREE!

New Website...if you're bored!

mpower 15 186 England
7 Sep 2005 3:50AM
Agree. Navigation has nothing to do with intelligence, it's about ease of use.
markharrop 17 191 England
7 Sep 2005 3:59AM
I thought this was a great site, excellent photography and I didn't have a problem with the navigation!

Great!

Mark
thefizz 17 353
8 Sep 2005 4:25AM
Not an easy site to navigate, I got frustrated very quick and left.

Peter
tobydeveson 19 13 United Kingdom
8 Sep 2005 11:38AM
No, not getting defensive in the slightest! Yes i did ask for feedback (albeit 3 years ago!). What gets me is we (as photographers/artists) are meant to be creative and innovative. Pandering for the masses and those who may or may not be able to hover over a button results in mediocrity and average designs and work. Sorry but not into that...and that sort of undaring and defeatist attitude winds me up and, more than that, makes me sad. There are too many people out there churning out mediocre work and designs. Shame.

And by the way this isnt a rant at any one here as you have all offered some advice which i appreciate. I'm just having a more general rant Wink

Still cant understand that, having to hover over buttons aside, the navigation is difficult. It's very simple! Portfolio or thumbnails? Thats all there is to it. Ah well.

I'll let you all know when I redo it all....in a couple of years.....

Thanks again to all who like the images.

Toby
jenquest 18 561 1 Tokelau
10 Sep 2005 1:15PM
Too many pictures! ; )

Seriously though, it's not too much to ask people to hover over buttons (though I didn't see them at first)
nickp 16 491 Scotland
10 Sep 2005 2:15PM
Well, mystery meat nav might have been daring, innovative and all the rest 8 years ago or so, but these days? The rest of the world's moved onto accessibility making sites navigable by more people than can move a mouse around. For example, if all you can do is use the tab key, it gets a bit tricky to discover what the tab stops refer to.

There is now legislation covering accessibility on commercial websites. You'd be amazed at the size of the potential veiwing public you could be mnissing out on.

Personally I'd rather spend time admiring the images than trying to work out yet another non standard navigation system!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.