Enter the ePHOTOzine Christmas Prize Draw extravaganza!

New website

VolcanoCowboy 13 157 England
16 Jun 2010 11:49AM
Hi Folks,

I've finally found a way of presenting my photographs online that I'm happy with. Would appreciate any comments and feedback. One question: Do I have too many images in some of the galleries (e.g., wildlife)? It is sometimes a bit slow to load.

www..adamstinton.com

Thanks.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 12 2.2k 3 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2010 12:59PM
I think the absence of a thumbnail view is a handicap. The viewer needs to be able to pick and choose their own way through your site.
steve_kershaw 14 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2010 1:05PM
Hi Adam

you have some cracking shots thereSmile

just 2 points for me

first, under your heading you have Nature | Cityscape | Automotive
I thought this was a menu at first, the mouse turns into a selection and clicking it takes you back to your home page, you have a different image load on your home page so it was confusing and took me a few clicks before i realised what was going on, either reword it so it looks more like a tag line than a menu or drop the selection/home page link

Second, it would be nice to have a play button so you could watch your images as a slide show,
jken 13 1.7k 1 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2010 1:24PM
Some absolute crackers on your site, agree with Chris about the absence of thumbnails.

Nice and clean though.

jken
VolcanoCowboy 13 157 England
16 Jun 2010 8:57PM
Thanks for the comments.

I have used a web engine plugin for Lightroom, which doesn't use thumbnails. It's one thing I like about it. You do have the numbers across the bottom of each gallery. As for the tag line, I'll change it.

Adam

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.