Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

New York Recommendations Please

UserRemoved 17 4.2k
23 Sep 2005 6:09AM

Quote:Joe went to NY and all I got was this f**king t-shirt

50 quid, Joe, right? Wink

Conrad

SOLD!!!
mamboandrew 17 328 England
23 Sep 2005 6:14AM

Quote:If you are going up the Empire State, the best time is sunset,

Or at sunrise when it's basically empty and you have the observation platform to yourself!
User_Removed 16 3.3k Russian Federation
23 Sep 2005 8:02AM

Quote:Jamie thinks the kit is left to him in my will....

For that to work, they have to find a body...
tf 17 156
23 Sep 2005 8:31AM
Nigel and James

Thanks for those reams of information. Unfortunately, I'm not going to have time to check it all out but I'll pick a couple of the places you mention and hope for the best!

Quote:No photographer's visit to New York could be complete without a visit to B&H Photo - one, if not the, best photographic shop in the world! Don't forget the strength of the pound against the dollar, and things work out much cheaper over there ;o)

I keep telling myself I'm not going there ... I don't need any more kit ... but need isn't the same as want ...
User_Removed 16 3.3k Russian Federation
23 Sep 2005 8:33AM
The upstairs is as big as most "normal" camera shops, and is full of even cheaper 2nd hand and B-grade stock...

;o)
tf 17 156
3 Oct 2005 11:59PM
Back now. In the end, I didn't have time (it was a business trip) in the City to do more than go to MoMA but that was well worthwhile. I found the most impressive photos were the Edward Weston and Irving Penn prints. Fortunately, the lack of time also prevented me from going to B&H, sparing my wallet!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.