Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Next Generation of Nikon DSLR

ChrisJD 5 99 Scotland
11 Oct 2013 12:39PM
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52128136

Thought I'd share this with you.

Not being a rocket scientist (or even a camera engineer), I'm not sure of the full meaning of the details invovled here. However, if this is truly part of the next gen of Nikon DSLR's (and I have no reason to doubt) then I'm looking forward to seeing them. I may yet see a D400!

Chris

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam 6 5.3k
11 Oct 2013 3:35PM
Can we expect a D4X with a 48 Megapixel sensor now that an Expeed 4 processor will deal efficiently with the huge files?

I've never understood why the single-digit Nikon DSLRs often have a lower pixel count than some of the entry-level and toy cameras.
Gundog 2 627 Scotland
11 Oct 2013 4:23PM

Quote:Can we expect a D4X with a 48 Megapixel sensor now that an Expeed 4 processor will deal efficiently with the huge files?

I've never understood why the single-digit Nikon DSLRs often have a lower pixel count than some of the entry-level and toy cameras.

The reason was that the more limited Mp count allowed faster continuous-shooting speeds and better very-high-ISO performance than the higher-res models. Very much horses for courses. D4 for sports and news photography; D800 for landscapes, etc.

12 Oct 2013 1:58PM

Quote:
Not being a rocket scientist (or even a camera engineer), I'm not sure of the full meaning of the details involved
Chris

Each new generation of cameras (as distinct frpm minor model upgrades) has improved performance.
Whether the source is informed or a "deliberately accidental release" the link does no more and no less than strongly indicate Nikons the next generation of digital cameras will have improved performance. I would be amazed if they did not Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.