WEX Deal: Save 500 on the Sony A7R Mark II

Nice to be reunited with my camera

MrGoatsmilk 12 1.5k England
3 May 2014 8:32PM
Just wanted to share this with you all.

I got a bit bored with photography for around a year or so, not to the point of wanting to sell up. Although it did cross my mind, but I just couldn't get motivated to pick up the camera most of the time, I still took it places but it stayed in the bag or in the boot or the shots deleted.

However I took it on our annual holiday to Saundersfoot just over a week ago and the "want" just came flooding back, I got up early several times and took the camera out not only taking shots and thinking about what I wanted to capture but enjoying being the only person there on the beach just taking it all in, just breathing, looking and most of all smiling.

I'm now going through old shots on my hard drive and editing a few instead of leaving them there hidden away from view, watching Youtube tutorials on Lightroom and Photoshop are adding fuel to my fire.....my passion is back and what a wonderful feeling it is.

No matter what happens just go with the flow the passion always returns if you want it to, you just have to wait it out.....

Stuart

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat 16 19.1k 3 Canada
3 May 2014 8:45PM
Bravo Stuart, I've gone through the process several times myself. I think it's the what I call the "Winter Doldrums." In fact I just remarked to my wife that I'm getting tired of winter, 6 inches of snow this morning, and no end in sight. However, I am anticipating a situation like you describe, it'll return.Grin

Cheers.
KevSB 16 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
3 May 2014 8:45PM
I suspect this happens to us all stu. been quite a while since Joe sites, I would have lost interest years ago, except I enjoy doing what I do not for the photography, but to support the hobby I love through Photography. Just invested in a video camera atm to give me a new challenge.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.