Today only! Up to 52% off Sony Cameras at Amazon UK!

Night Shoot In Old London Town

hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
8 Mar 2006 3:49AM
Afternoon all, I was thinking it might be fun to organise a meet in central London to do some low light photography in the next couple of weeks. If anyone is interested just reply below and then we can organise a date that fit's in with everyone.
lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
8 Mar 2006 4:20AM
I would probebly be up for it Nick - weekday evenings (except Monday) would be ideal for me.
hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
8 Mar 2006 4:41AM
Hi Chris I was thinking of doing a week day, just have to see if anyone else is up for it.
mshepherd 16 667 United Kingdom
8 Mar 2006 4:57AM
Im up for it - I will try not to go to the pub first this time. (Didnt make the last london evening meet because we had a pre meet pint)

Mid week (Tues/Wed/Thurs) would be best for me

Matt
stix 15 924 87 United Kingdom
8 Mar 2006 5:07AM
I'd be up for that, as long as its a small group 5 or less.
Martin
stevemelvin 14 675 2 United Kingdom
8 Mar 2006 5:10AM
I'm definitely interested - but can only make it on Tues 28th March, as I only work in London one day a month!

If you happen to plump for that date, I'll be there! If not, no worries.

Cheers,
Steve
twordley 14 360 England
8 Mar 2006 12:47PM
where abouts nick??
Snapper_T 16 867 United Kingdom
8 Mar 2006 12:54PM
Could be up for this Nick.
Any more details?
Trev
hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
10 Mar 2006 12:12AM
Sorry I didn't post yesterday I was out of the office without internet access.

Ok well first of all I was thinking about along the Thames we could either start at the House's of Parliament and work upto St Pauls or start the other way round and see were we get to. Has anyone else got any ideas of what they would like to photograph.

Would this Thursday be to soon for people if so then we could do the 21st or the 23rd.
10 Mar 2006 12:18AM
Anything but cliched london tourist sites like the houses of parliament and St pauls, and red buses.
I guess the challenge could be to came away with a fresh looking shot. Personally I would like to do somethng a bit more gritty.
Martin
hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
10 Mar 2006 12:37AM
Martin, what sort of things are you thinking of? As this would really decide the area of town we goto. What sort of thing is everyone else looking to photograph.

I'm going to be doing this as a more regular thing around different areas of London myself so if we don't get what people want this time, your more than welcome to join me in the future.
10 Mar 2006 1:19AM
HI Nick
Its your shout, I dont want to hi jack it.
What did you want to take pictures of, architecture, people?
Famous land marks Smile
At night Soho is good, Brixton? , hackney? Markets? City?
or working to a theme, like the river, people working,street vendors,homeless people,pubs,doorways,posh.
You name it you can find it in london.
Martin
hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
10 Mar 2006 1:33AM
Martin, don't worry I don't see it as that. It's better to try and fit in with what everyone wants to do.

I would recommend against Brixton, I live down the road from it and it's not the most advisable place to walk around with a camera. Not because of the threat of being mugged, but more to do with the fact that so many people walk around with a serious attitude problem.

I like the idea of Soho or the city, why don't we put it to the vote.

So the choices are around the river, soho or the city. Let us know what you would prefer.
lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
10 Mar 2006 1:49AM
Personally I just think Martin is looking for an excuse to cover his hobby of hanging round Soho doorways.

Any would be good for me Smile
hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
10 Mar 2006 2:06AM
I've heard from a friend that it can be quite an exspensive hobby.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.