Nikon D70

CathyT 14 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
21 Jan 2011 8:14PM
I have a D70s too although its leant out at the mo...I started with the D70s + 18-70 for a few years but now have the D200....

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

snapbandit 15 2.3k 3 Northern Ireland
22 Jan 2011 5:54PM

Quote:If you can find a deal on the new SB700 flash, or even the SB600, which I had, and never was in a situation where it wasn't enough, you can take advantage of the D70's 1/500 flash sync. Where will you find that today?Grin

It's even better than Denny's post, with a flashgun & camera on manual, because of the D70's semi electronic shutter system, you can flash sync at just about 'any' speed (I have used fill flash for some of my motocross jumping pics at over 1/2000 (yes 2 thousandths) sec shutter speed). I'm thinking about trying to pick one up, used, purely for this as it gives, IMHO, a better result than the high-speed sync with the 'dedicated flashguns on my newer bodies, plus both my D70's lasted many, many thousands of shutter actuations with very few faults, (even though my gear gets rough treatment at the races).

My 2p

Joe B
StrayCat 16 19.1k 3 Canada
22 Jan 2011 7:19PM
Hey Joe; good to see you posting. I thought about getting a D70 again just for macro with a flash.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.