Get 5% off Loupedeck Live with code: Ephotozine5

Nikon 1 V2

Lynx08 12 1.2k Scotland
5 Aug 2013 7:23PM
Hello everyone,
I've got myself a new toy! Well, not a toy bit too expensive for that.
I've been thinking for a while about reducing the size of my camera and yesterday did just that. I got a Nikon 1 V2. So far it seems a good little thing. Does what I need it to but not used it very much so far so I might come across some drawback. The Nikon D5000 is still in the bag but I'm thinking of selling it or the D60 we've got as hubby might want to keep the D5000.

Any comments much appreciated about good or bad things. Either way it's here to stay and I'm going to have fun on holiday in Scotland with it.

cheers
Lyn
Stillbase 9 80 Wales
5 Aug 2013 7:56PM
As long as you intend to enjoy it, as you clearly do, take no notice of what anyone else says.
Lynx08 12 1.2k Scotland
5 Aug 2013 8:46PM
Thanks Stillbase, my sentiments exactly. First entry for Monday Night Challenge in from it!
Steppenwolf 9 1.2k
7 Aug 2013 4:07PM
I've got a V1 which I bought as a camera I can stuff in my coat pocket when I don't want to lug the Sony stuff around. It's a good camera and is very nice to use (despite what DPR said about it). The only thing I'm a bit dubious about is the quality of the lenses (I've got the 10-30 and 30-110). I'm comparing it against a Sony A77 and Zeiss/G lenses which is probably a bit unfair, but it can't match the sharpness of the bigger camera and I don't think it's a shortcoming in the V1 - I think it's the lenses. No doubt Nikon will bring out some better lenses in the near future. Apart from that, though, it's great.
Lynx08 12 1.2k Scotland
8 Aug 2013 6:52PM
Hi Steppenwolf,

I agree it's a great little camera. I'm considering buying a FT1 adaptor so I can use the older lens I have but this would make it heavier to carry but give me more adaptability. I've only got the 10-30 lens so far.

Lyn

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.