Exclusive Offer - 20% Off Mitsubishi CP-M15E Printer Bundle!

Nikon Capture NX

9 Oct 2007 11:25AM
I have recently downloaded the trial version of Capture NX from Nikon. Whilst there is much to commend, I have found it very slow to save, and it seems to freeze when you try to close it down. Has anybody else experienced these issues.

Steve B
cameracat 16 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
9 Oct 2007 12:25PM
Can't say I have a problem whilst saving in NX, Or freezing on exit...

But this latest version of the program does not seem as fast overall, Reading between the lines the latest version (( ver 1.2 )) has been optimised for Windows Vista, And I'm running Win XP pro, So it has me wondering if the Vista tweaks have screwed with the XP performance, That was quite good.....Sad

I still have the Original ver 1.0 on disc, And a downloaded version 1.1.....So I will probably ( Time permitting ) Be running some speed tests at a later date..........Smile

I use NX on VERY high spec PC's.....Under Win XP pro....One using 32bit, the other 64bit versions......And this is why I have been a little suprised at the drop in NX speed on some, although not all features.........Sad

If I figure anything out, I will post the results, But don't wait up, As I am rather busy in other areas at this time....
9 Oct 2007 1:30PM
Thanks

Steve B
loweskid 19 2.0k 1 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2007 1:50PM
How much RAM have you got? NX seems to be very memory hungry so if you haven't got a lot of RAM it is probably writing/reading from the hard drive, which always slows things down a lot.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.